Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some Captions functionality being lost when editing

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

So I have just started using the create transciption feature and absolutely love it. It solves a major issue for me as most of my videos are quite long. 

There are a few small issues though and I can't figure them out,

1. After generating the transcipt I open the captions panel, play the video and watch the blue vertical bar move with the audio. Perfect! I know where I am in the video and the captions. However, after working on it for a few minutes editing the captions, it losses where I am and no longer follows the audio. It usually goes back to the satrt of the script. No blue bar either.

I look to see if I have clicked something or hit a shortcut key in error but can't find what is causing it. If I close my project and reopen it works again!

2. Similiar to above, after reopening the project or working on the captions after generating them, the split caption and merge caption are clickable. At some stage one or both becomes unclickable - usually the split caption. 

I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong but maybe there is a bug somewhere?

The image attached shows them when working.

I was about to ask another question about Find and Replace and have just seen that is does have this feature!! Will try it out on next project.

They have thought of everyhthing with this but I could do with some help on the issues mentioned.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

James,

Congrats on discovering the power of the speech to text function. They are already close to implementing additional range to what this will do.

There is a bug that affects some users. I have not been able to replicate it. Upvote the bug report:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/split-merge-functions-in-transcript-mode-still-not-...

Here is a discussion thread that talks about workarounds:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/problem-editing-transcriptions-split-amp-mer...

There are several workarounds, so you may not have to close and reopen PR, but just changes sequences, workspaces or similar.

Be aware that in your screenshot the blue line to the left of the caption indicates that it is the location of the CTI (current time indicator), but it is NOT selected. If there is no caption selected, no problem. But if a different caption is selected and you clicked the merge button now, it would merge the caption that is actually selected with the one before it.

But I do not think that is the problem you are having. When you click the button, nothing happens. Does the button grey out? Or continue to show active but not function?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines