• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Track Mixer Effects Bug

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the update to 12.1.0 there has been a bug related to audio track effects (I've specifically found it using the multiband compressor), but haven't tried to reproduce with other effects.

Basically, when re-opening premiere again after working on a project with a multiband compressor effect on a track, the effect won't be doing anything. In order to get it to work, I'll have to go into the mixer and toggle the preset to something else like "raise vocals" and then toggle it back to what it originally was (for me, "Broadcast"). Obviously, this is really inconvenient, as I have to do it every time I re-open a project. Though, an even much bigger issue is if other editors are opening the project, unaware of the issue, and changing the mix. I'll come in later and the mix will be totally off because it's not taking into account the compressors that were supposed to be on the track.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Hello @FeedbackCommunityMember,

Thanks for the message. It’s also been a long time since you filed this bug. I am sorry for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just spent THREE HOURS rendering a movie. Once it was finally finished I start playing it and lo and behold - the audio sounds TERRIBLE!!!! This bug has been happening to me for a while now and I would usually catch it before I start my export but I didn't this time and now I am missing my deadline because I have to re-export again.

UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU, ADOBE?? YOU HAVEN'T EVEN ACKNOWLEDGED THIS OUTRAGEOUS BUG!! FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, Matt from the Premiere team here. This should have been fixed since version 13.0.2 (we are currently on 13.1.2). Can anybody still reproduce this in the latest version of Premiere?

Ivan Ivanov did not include the version in which he found this unacceptable (below).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do believe this has been solved with the update. I have not experienced the issue any more. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, July 2019, latest release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On 13.1.4 (build 2), Premiere CC. Multi-band compressor doesn't work at all when I turn it on. It was working recently, in this same version of Premiere. As of yesterday, it doesn't. Is Adobe monitoring this board, and can they fix this once and for all?
Here's a bit more info, I am on this iMac -
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac15,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: 224.0.0.0.0
SMC Version (system): 2.23f11
Serial Number (system): D25NX24DFY14
Hardware UUID: 6609D22D-2053-51F5-8D53-C1C4AAC5D2EA
This OS - MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.4

My Mac is a 27" Late 2014 model.

The new issue, an existing timeline that I had already applied the multiband compressor to an audio channel still works. But if I turn off the multiband compressor and then back on, the multiband compressor no longer works. I can only select it and then manually turn up the gain, which is not compressing, just increasing the gain.

Can someone from Apple respond and let me know how to fix this? I use Premiere daily and the multiband compressor is a must.
Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem! On PC, latest version of premiere as of 2021-03-11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello. it is april 9th, 2022. i am on the latest version. if i change "output gain" in the multiband compressor to literally any number at all, it reverts to "0" the instant i start playback. (also, if i export the video without playing back the video (ie, with multiband compressor's output gain still showing a non-zero number), the exported video (or audio) file clearly has output gain set to zero.

i have struggled with this for about four years--the trick is "just keep exporting and eventually it'll sound right." this "trick" usually adds one full work day to my production pipeline lol

so it'd be nice if you fixed it. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @FeedbackCommunityMember,

Thanks for the message. It’s also been a long time since you filed this bug. I am sorry for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines