Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Transcribe Sequence greyed out

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running the latest version but Transcribe Sequence is greyed out when i try to transcribe in order to create closed captions. What gives?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Sorry. I've been out of state on a shoot the last few days. Problem solved. When i clicked on "Transcript" in the captions window– there were already some transcriptions in there even though it wasn't complete and I do not remember ever asking for it. At any rate I clicked on the three little dots and hit "re-transcribe". From that point Premier Pro worked as expected. I guess another case of operator error? Thanks for the help everyone.

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post some screenshots. It is working normally for me.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for troubleshooting this for me. Screen shot attached.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot shows the Caption tab in the Text panel, with "Transcribe Sequence" greyed out, and "Create new caption track" and "Import captions from file" active. Probably not your issue, but you will see that if you have already transcribed the sequence but have not created captions. Switch to the Transcript tab. If you do not see the result of a transcription, is the "Transcribe sequence" button there greyed out?

One user with this problem reported being helped by support, but we never did learn how they fixed it. @Ishan Y, do we have any more info about the best way to get help once the troubleshooting steps have been followed?

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Stan. We haven't seen similar issues, so I need to check a few things. I'll loop in the Premiere Pro team if it's an issue with the app. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ishan. I think @Kevin-Monahan asked the user for info, and they did not respond.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Sorry about the issue. Which version of Premiere Pro are you currently working on? Please refer to this link and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Ishan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

version 22.6.2 (build 2)

i've done the things in the link to no avail

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share your OS and OS version? Let us know what you see in the Transcript tab and check if the Re-transcribe sequence option is available. 

Re-retranscribe sequence.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I've been out of state on a shoot the last few days. Problem solved. When i clicked on "Transcript" in the captions window– there were already some transcriptions in there even though it wasn't complete and I do not remember ever asking for it. At any rate I clicked on the three little dots and hit "re-transcribe". From that point Premier Pro worked as expected. I guess another case of operator error? Thanks for the help everyone.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OJ, thanks for reporting back. I suspect that many of the more recent "Transcribe Button Greyed Out" problems are because there is an existing transcription.

Yes, it is the kind of "operator error" that we all have experienced as part of  the PR learning curve and adjusting to new functions. After my post above, where I described the "greyed out when a transcription exists" - I later discovered an old post where I knew this was true, but forgot it! I added this to Kevin's FAQ on the greyed out button.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines