• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcript feature not allowing me to select filler word

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used this feature in the past and had no issues. However, in my latest project I can't seem to check the "filler words" box when editing my transcript. I have restarted and updated Premiere and nothing seems to work. Has anyone else run into this issue and how did you fix it? TIA

Ivette37836609941v_0-1717521885237.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and Iam not allow to highlight the words that I want to ripple out also.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ivette37836609941v and @linda_CG,

Sorry you're experiencing trouble. @Stan Jones might be able to help. He's our top Adobe Expert on this topic. I hope the community can help you.

Take Care,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance either of you transcribed these clips before filler words were added to PR? Try re-transcribing if you have not edited the transcription.

In PR 24.4.1, filler words is an option in the Transcript view options, even if there are no filler words. But if the option did not exist in PR when transcribed, it is not an option (greyed out).

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. My goal is to delete and extract all filler words and the delete button is disabled when trying to do so. I think this is related to what is going on here. Help!

Eileen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eileen,

The actual delete button is only available in Sequence view. The issue in this thread was not being able to check the Filler words in the transcript view options.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. When I go to Sequence view, then my filler words option does not appear.

ee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm suggesting the opposite: if you have any filler words, when you are in sequence view, that is where the delete button will go active. If you try to delete them in Source Monitor view, you can't.

I have  a sample where there are no Filler words found. The button is not active in Sequence view either - and even though Filler words is in the filter, it doesn't find any.

If that still doesn't make sense, post a screenshot.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filler words, no delete button:

Eileen1175_0-1720646714432.png

Then in the correct mode, my filler words don't appear:

Eileen1175_1-1720646982377.png

And in settings, filler words are greyed out...

Eileen1175_2-1720647022648.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. You must be working with a Static transcript of the Sequence. You can't filter/delete Filler words in a static/sequence transcript.

This results in the greyed out (unchecked) Filler option in transcript view options, and the absence of a Filler words option for the filter.

In the Transcript tab, click on the 3 dots and pick Generate text-based editing transcript. You will lose the static transcript, but you'll have to redo it once you delete filler words.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan!!  THANK YOU!! Thanks for sticking with me on this. It was driving me crazy. That was the key! I am pretty much self- taught with video editing and it is so easy to miss something like this. Again, THANK YOU!!

Eileen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank YOU for being responsive! This will help me focus this issue for someone else one day...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines