• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unresponsive after Premiere Pro CC 13.0.2 update

Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I installed the 13.0.2 update on my mac Premiere Pro CC became unusable and eventually unresponsive.  

13.0.1 works fine on my 4 GHz Intel Core i7 iMac with 16 GB of RAM.  Its been great, 4K, effects, not a hiccup.

With 13.0.3 update Premiere Pro will open a project, then quickly consume all available RAM.    All actions on the mac are extremely slow, editing is impossible.  Just sitting open Premiere Pro is writing and reading to RAM. Back and forth 300+MB/s.   When I try to quit PP, I get the eternal spinning beachball and I must force quit.

Adobe tech support tells me I need 32GB of RAM minimum and Mojave to run PP CC 2019 or I can roll back to 2018.

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac17,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 4 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Memory: 16 GB

OS High Sierra 10.13.6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Kevin-Monahan

Adobe Tech Support closed my support request and marked it as "Resolved."   The issue with 13.0.2 on my machine is not resolved.

Unless you count rolling back to 13.0.1 then yea that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TamaraS,

After I installed the 13.0.2 update on my mac Premiere Pro CC became unusable and eventually unresponsive. 

If you updated your project file from the previous version, it might have issues. Create a new project, then import the problematic project into the new one. Same issue?

Another troubleshooting step to try is to repair Adobe folder permissions. It won't harm, only help. Premiere Pro CC, CC 2014, or 2014.1 freezing on startup or crashing while working (Mac OS X 10.9, an...

Let us know if either of these things help. The tech is correct in stating that your system would work a lot better with 4K if you had more RAM and overall computer power, however, you should have acceptable performance with lower resolutions or even better, proxies. The recommended system requirements have been published for 4K here. Adobe Premiere Pro CC System Requirements

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new project, then import the problematic project into the new one.

The solution quoted above DID NOT work for me.

I imported a 12.1.2 project into a newly created 13.0.2 and it did not work.

I also imported a 13.0.1 converted version of a 12.1.2 project into a new 13.0.2 project and it DID NOT work.

The only solution that I can fine is to roll back to 13.0.1.

Another troubleshooting step to try is to repair Adobe folder permissions.

Adobe Remote Support did the folder permissions step and that did not resolve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan

So as recommended I updated my OS and added 16GB of RAM for a total of 32GB.

After which PP 13.0.2 sill would not function properly opening a 13.0.1 converted HD project, a 12.1.2  HD project, or a 12.1.2 HD projected imported into a new 13.0.2 project.  As before it used all available RAM.  CPU was at 100 %.  It was completely unusable. It would still hang when closing the project.      Had to force quit.

I am back to using 13.0.1.

What is wrong with 13.0.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent the day meticulously trying all options of opening 12.1.2 and 13.0.1 projects in 13.0.2 and found the results to be unpredictable. 

13.0.2 sometimes opened 12.1.2 and 13.0.1 problems with no problem and sometimes it hangs.  Sometimes importing the problem project into a new 13.0.2 worked sometime not.  The only thing that consistently works is 13.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kevin-Monahan

Adobe Tech Support closed my support request and marked it as "Resolved."   The issue with 13.0.2 on my machine is not resolved.

Unless you count rolling back to 13.0.1 then yea that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines