• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp Stabilizer offsets frame location

Participant ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere 13.1.5- working in a triptych layout for a museum installation. Full HD has been shrunk to 33%. I have left, center and right images laid out for color correction and tweaks.

I applied the Warp Stabilizer to a center screen image with these settings:

Result: Smooth Motion

Smoothness- 50%

Method - Position, Scale, Rotation

Preserve Scale- unchecked

Borders>Framing- Stabilize, Crop, Auto-Scale

Auto-scale (112.5%)

I've converted the project to Premiere 14 to do final review. At the point where this stabilized screen appears it shifts to the upper left during playback. When I stop playback, it appears right back where it belongs, centered and flush with flanking screens.

Whaaa?

I don't use WP too often in this show. But now I have to check to see if other screens are affected.

Although I dislike the"new"Cloud Desktop app's layout as intensely as most users, at least it lists both previous and new iterations of the apps. I'm thinking this will be extremely important. Unless I'm mistaken, you have some effects translation work to do in 14 before releasing it?

UPDATE- This phenomenon happens in13.1.5 as well!!

In each case, I made a DUPLICATE TIMELINE to rescale each screen to full frame for export. And before I do any of that, I review it and I see the WP screen behaves exactly the same way in the DUPLICATE timeline.

Whaaa?

Best, as always,
Loren

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Hello @lorenm84878416,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug, and I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more information from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: the problem goes away if I switch off GPU acceleration and use just software rendering.

This is a bug that first appeared way back in 2014! but it would appear to be back with a vengeance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on Premiere Pro 14.0.0 ...

4k footage placed in an HD timeline - playback fine.

Add Warp Stabilizer and the playback appears shifted up and to the left of the screen until I press pause and it returns to the correct position.

Rendered output if fine, it's just the playback during editing that is effected. Having completed a similar edit on the 12th December 2019 (just a couple of weeks ago) with no issues I guess it's a new bug.

Perhaps a Windows update has caused the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workaroud: set sequence in-out over the shifted clip, render sequence in to out (i have this on keyboard shortcut 0-Numpad, just linke in AE).

As longs as it is green prerendered i can scrub an watch as usual.

Still an annoying bug... worked for years without a hitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s 4/19/20 and I’m still having this problem. I’m running the latest Premiere Pro on a new MacPro with the latest OS. Warp stabilized footage shifts up and to the left revealing the track(s) below it during playback. When paused it displays correctly and it exports out correctly but there is no way to preview what warp stabilizer has done without exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact problem for me... any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6/8/2020

Premiere v14.2.0

This is still an issue, and has been for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with 4k footage on an HD timeline and it's been persistently happening on two devices now. I've learned that if you adjust the SCALE of the footage even by just one point, the image stays fixed even during playback. (It renders out fine either way) It's just very very, VERY obnoxious not being able to see your frame during playback edits and then also now having to crop into an image just for the luxury we should already have to be able to edit a product together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just experienced this issue for the first time ever on version 14.3.1. Very frustrating! Thank you for the scaling tip Juan! Setting my 4k footage in FullHD timeline to 50.01% solves the problem! This issue needs to be fixed quick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10/29/20

I'm having the same issue.

I found that rendering from the in to out point is a good temporary fix. However, if I was working on a slower machine, this process might take a while each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem in November 2020
Going to try some of the work around mentioned here but it would be nice if Adobe could fix this. It's not like we don't pay them enough 😜

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here Bryan White, November 2020 and still experiencing this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, found a solution that doesn't include switching playback to software only.

Make all the necessary adjustments you need to do on your video file in the timeline. Then right click on the clip you want to warp stabilize, click on "Nest..." create the nested sequence. Then drop the warp stabilizer on that nested clip and it'll work as needed. Warp stabilizer has an easier time doing what it needs to do when it's running on a nested clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please fix this bug - I'm using Martin's work around too. But this is annoying and shouldn't be happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't experienced this problem in years... now it's back and it's killing me. I have the latest 14.8 and it's 2021. It's crashing on me a lot too. I really like the interface of Premiere, but the performance is draining me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stuffing all the footage inside a nest sequence if far from a solution... Makes any serious color work extremely difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me it happens when I reduze UHD Material in a HD Timeline by 50% and add the warp stabilizer. When I change 50% to 50,1 the problem is gone. It's really stupid but this is at last an easy solution better than nesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found a stupidly simple fix for this on YouTube from Romain Do. If you want to skip the video linked below. Basically, the quickest fix is to set the scale of your clip to 50.1 or higher. If the scale is at 50.0 or less the offset will still happen. I literally just tried this and it worked like a dream. Hope this helps someone and much as it helped me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ2Xv9ofVpA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue. I've got a low resolution source, upscaled 182%, then nested. Warp Stabiliser on the nested clip still offsets by a few hundred pixels. Stabilize Only mode, and Preserve Scale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this issue - June 2021 - Brand new specced up iMac 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue too! Version 15.4. It was showing the offset during export too. I had adjusted the position to look 'right' during playback, and as soon as I touched scale (which was at 50%, 4k to HD) the offset disappeared and I had to undo my corrections. For some reason scaling in to 55% fixed it. Must be some error with the Warp Stabilizer effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue, using the 50.1% scale workaround but another obnoxious bug in premiere....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting the scale to 50.1 definitely solves the issue, but it is another step and Adobe should address this issue! I truly enjoy Adobe CC, the libraries, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and occasionally other apps but - Premiere is the one that is giving me hard time with problems. I am using other apps similar to Premiere, and to be honest it's beginning to lag behind in both functions and performance for past 2-3 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this problem 24-11-21

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.

Adobe, I cannot believe you have not addressed this bug at all in the many, many years it has been an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines