Welcome to Adobe Premiere Pro 22.6.2!

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Banner_09_Digest_01.jpg

Welcome to Adobe Premiere Pro 22.6.2!

Update Icon.png

Hello, and welcome to the latest release of Premiere Pro! Premiere Pro 22.6.2 is now available from the Creative Cloud desktop app. This Premiere Pro update is focused on stability improvements and user-requested refinements for graphics and titles workflows, adjustable fades for audio ducking, and more GPU-accelerated effects.

The new features include:

This update is recommended for all users. 

If you are experiencing any issues, please create a new thread explaining your problem rather than placing a post here so that we can help. If you have a bug to report, please do that on User Voice. 

New Features in Premiere Pro 22.6.2

August 2022 release (version 22.6.2)

Notes from the Premiere Pro Team:
The design tools in Premiere Pro, combined with the search and edit capabilities of the Text panel, let you craft incredible, custom titles and graphics for any video project. Your titles can be simple, with beautiful typography, or enriched with graphics and animations. With the Text panel, you can manage projects with hundreds of titles, and it's easy to save the designs you want to reuse in your template libraries.

The latest update of Premiere Pro gives you more controls when adding textures to letters or shapes and the ability to export all of the titles in your sequence as text files for easy reviews. Thanks to new contextual menus, it's faster and easier to edit any layer in your design.

Mask-only Fill for Text and Shape Layers

Whats_new_pr_mask_only_fill_aug_2022.jpg.jpegApply a mask only to the fill part of a layer; you can include strokes and shadows separately from the masked area.

See Mask-only Fill for Text and Shape Layers

Whats_new_pr_mask_only_fill_aug_2022.jpg.img.jpg

Context menu for text and shape layers

Whats_new_pr_context_menu_aug_2022.jpgRight-click a title in the Program Monitor and select Edit Properties from the context menu to open the Essential Graphics panel. You can customize your title with fonts, colors, and styling options.

See the Context menu for text and shape layers.

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 4.01.17 PM.png

Whats_new_pr_context_menu_aug_2022.jpg.img.jpg

Export titles as text files 

whats_new_pr_export_tiles_graphic_tab_aug_2022jpg.jpg.jpeg

From the Text panel, you can now export all of the titles in your sequence as text files for sharing and proofreading.

See Export titles as text files. 

whats_new_pr_export_tiles_graphic_tab_aug_2022jpg.jpg.img.jpg

Adjustable Fades for Audio Ducking

Whats_new_pr_adjustable_fade_aug_2022.jpgWith the new Fade Position slider, you can automatically adjust how soon background audio fades out and back in.

See Adjustable Fades for Audio Ducking

Whats_new_pr_adjustable_fade_aug_2022.jpg.img.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 4.02.27 PM.png

More GPU-accelerated effects

Whats_new_pr_more_gpu_effects_aug_2022.jpgNewly GPU-accelerated effects include Unsharp Mask and Posterize Time.

See More GPU-accelerated effects.

Whats_new_pr_more_gpu_effects_aug_2022.jpg.img.jpg

Initializing GPU dialog

Whats_new_pr_more_gpu_effects_2_aug_2022.jpgAfter a fresh installation, a new dialog informs users that the GPU is initializing. This dialog box will help you understand what is happening in the app and why playback isn't immediately available.

See Initializing GPU dialog. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 4.03.02 PM.png

whats_new_pr_export_tiles_initilalizegpu-dialog_aug_2022jpg.jpg.img.jpg

Premiere Pro Beta

Your feedback and involvement make Premiere Pro a better application. I wanted to thank all of you for contributing to providing input for the Premiere Pro Beta on the forums and User Voice. Thank you!

Go here to learn more about the new features discussed in the Premiere Pro Beta community. Here are some of the features now being discussed.

Edit multiple titles at once in Premiere Pro
Alignment improvements for titles and graphics
Assemble Rough Cuts from Transcripts

Use ProRes as the default codec for sequence rendering

Tone Mapping in Premiere Pro Beta

Complete documentation for Premiere Pro 22.6.2 features

New Features

Fixed Issues

Known issues

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for not replying sooner. The h264 file was 720p @ 29,97fps (8bit, 4:2:0, AVC Main@L3.1-CABAC/3Frames). Then I created a high quality ProRes proxy inside Premiere and things improved a bit. but I still have random glitched here and there. Evertyhing went back to normal when I uninstalled Premiere/AfterEffects/MediaEncode and installed v22.5 back for those apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues right now. Adobe updated itself and now throws errors everytime I render or export files. Going to uninstall and see if there's a way to get the previous version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey after uppdate, there is an rec709 that screws up my entire timelie. I was suposet to do some major delivery today instead i have to sit here troubleshooting with an angry customer. I cant turn of "working color space" i know this has been an issue for a long time. Why dont just fix it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20220922_135619.png

Caption menu error occurs after update.
If you go to the Caption tab from another menu tab,
It comes with the attached file.
Select the image again and operate the timeline bar to return to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lim,

A moderator will probably move this to its own forum thread.

I noticed this, but did not try to pin down the pattern you are describing. I agree that "adjustment" that is needed is to click in the Timeline panel to make it active.

I just tried, and I could not get it to show that screen. Can you get it to happen every time? What steps are you using? Also on 22.6.2; windows 10.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most recent update to Adobe Premiere Pro has caused all my videos that I import to be out of sync with the audio by about 3.11 seconds. The orignal videos have no issues and this only started happening when the update to Premiere went through. I've changed nothing on my end so this issue is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite often I met this problem on the forum after the Pr update. Developers need to pay attention to this. The question is very important in all aspects. There will be no point without synchronization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to understand if you have a constant frequency or a variable camera. Try encoding clips to a constant bitrate via Media Encoder. Basically, the problem is observed in clips with variable frame rates. You need a constant CFR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few solutions such as re encode the video in handbrake at a constant frame rate, or adujust the audio by 3.05 seconds to match it with the video by unlinking the tracks in the timeline. The issues i'm having is that i've been using VRR videos for the past 3 months with no issue because adobe is suppose to support them. Not to mention this is happening with videos that aren't using VRR as well so its not just a Variable Refresh Rate problem. I even downgraded my adobe primere to the previous version and this issue is still persisting. I'm trying to figure out what the cause of this is its just adding more work and more time into my workflow which already has a tight deadline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jesse,

It sounds like you may be working with variable frame-rate video if that does not work. I suggest you transcode it in Shutter Encoder or Handbrake, ideally in the former to a decent codec, like ProRes LT. Try it and report back.

True, VFR (not VBR) video is supported only if it is not too far out of spec and your computer is powerful enough. Those recording super-long video streams and experiencing issues are likely pushing the envelope too far.

I have read over on Reddit about some people altering their streaming video files by some method, and I read that is the key to getting better performance back. I'll search around for more info for you.

In the meantime, if you have tight deadlines and do not have time to transcode, I suggest you record your video at a constant frame rate. Good luck.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing a problem every couple of days where I loose various functions - mostly shortcut key related.  I have to reset plugins cache and trash prefs to resolve which is getting annoying.  Here's a list of problems I have noticed so far:

1.  Cannot drag clip to New item button in project panel to auto-create sequence
  2. Cannot duplicate bin item with Command-Shift-/ (Mac)
  3. Cannot copy and paste in bin
  4. Cannot play using spacebar in Program or Source monitors
  5. Cannot set In and Out points in Source monitor

I would guess this list is NOT comprehensive - just what I noticed so far.  The method I have used to get around this is close down Premiere, Launch holding Option-Shift (Mac) to clear plugin cache and prefs, reload workspace, reload shortcut key settings.

Anyone else experiencing something like this?  Any more permanent fix suggestions?

Premiere Pro 22.6.2 (Build 2)

OS X 12.5.1

Mac Pro Late 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you test with a new project, toootone?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if my larger main project is triggering the problem, or one of the other projects I have been working on.  It is only happening every 2 or 3 days, so I'm not sure what specific project or action causes it.  I will try creating a new empty project and importing my entire main project into the new empty project and see what happens.

Any other ideas of what might be wrong?  Or just this idea of trying a new project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope - Just lost functionality again and had to trash prefs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines