• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why did Adobe remove Selection Follows Playhead?

Contributor ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'The special logic that enables Selection Follows Playhead when opening the Lumetri Colorpanel has been removed.' - What's New 24.2

Why remove such a clever feature? All that was needed was to make it optional. Now it's two additional key strokes everytime I want to enter cc mode (which is often).

Definitely a backwards step.

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DJP2014,

Thanks for the concern. I think you may want to try the feature first. The feature is just more responsive to either being on or off once you enable it. You can certainly leave it on if you like that workflow. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, thanks for the response.

My disapointment is the feature is now manual, whereas before it was automatic. It's not a feature you want ON all the time, only when grading. It worked v well with Workspaces, toggling on/off between the grade/edit.  

Problem was many editors don't use Workspaces, so the feature would come on erratically when they didn't want it, and then they'd have to manually turn it off.

In my humble opinion, the solution was to make it optional (default OFF) instead of completely removing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed 100%. Why remove this entirely? Why not just make it a preference "Enable/disable selection follows playhead when switching between the Lumetri Color panel"???

I edit between 10-20 real estate videos every day, having to take up a keyboard shortcut now every time I jump between colour correction and regular editing for something that's worked automatically for years is maddening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines