• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe, is it possible to program target assignment presets? or 1 key to switch all target tracks off

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this might be the only way how to edit in avid, but for me this works in premiere very well too (not having to use the mouse):

1. turning on the target tracks for certain tracks

2. pressing a shortcut (for example) to add edit

the only problem is that there is no very fast way in premiere to turn on these target tracks,

because it is a toggle for all tracks for  v and a seperately, you always have to watch left and see which tracks are allready off and on

in avid you have: turn off all tracks, then turning on f.e. v1 and a1

now in premiere there are source assignment presets which is great

for me what would be fantastic if there would be target assignment presets too

another option that would be great would be: one key that turns off (not toggle) all target tracks off

then with a macro keyboard, like this it would be possible to create a: all tracks off - v1 - a1 macro

plugin excalibur has the option to make all target tracks off but unfortunately this can take seconds and is not instant

thank you for looking into this!

Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add edit shortcut is Cmd-K on Mac, Ctl-K on PC.

Hold Shift key while clicking on a track (either Source or Target) and all Video or all Audio tracks toggle at the same time.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into the Keyboard Shortcuts editor and set the preferred shortcut for Toggle Target Video 1 through 9 and Toggle Target Audio 1 through 9.

Target All Audio Targets and Target All Video Targets already have a shortcut mapped, but this of course can be changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Warren Heatonthanks for the additional information. I appreciate the thoughtful responses found in this forum. I agree with @frankv27511814 that track patching is tedious so today I finally mapped tracks to number keys. Next we'll see if I remember to use them!

Votes

Translate

Translate