• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An option to revert the Mouse scroll change

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest 24.4 version of Premier Pro, you can zoom in and out by mouse-scrolling on the program monitor.

This is good for those who want to add effects precisely but not for editing at a fast speed

I really hope there's a way to revert the change so my productivity goes back to 100%

Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
39 Comments
New Here ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature is very annoying. Please make an option in the program panel to turn off mouse zoom in/out! It's driving me crazy on Apple Magic Mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As several users suggested: activating the zoom option only when pressing Ctrl (or Alt) would be much better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe this is not what we want! Please add an option in the preferences to enable or disable the zoom function. Additionally, consider implementing zoom functionality using the Alt+Scroll combination if needed.There is no positive feedback and also what happen in the timeline where the playhead stay in the middle during play and the timeline is following?? this is also so annoying. Please also let this be a option in preferences!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Alexis Van Hurkman 

I do like the new zoom in and out.

but using the middle mouse for moving around the frame is a pita.

Changing to the Handtool instead is not ideal. Maybe a modifier?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Alexis Van Hurkman 

I think that area for scroll is a bit tiny, most of time i have to aim the area

The thing here isn't "the zoom with scroll is a bad thing", of course not, it's good BUT not for 95% of my workflow in video editing. Now, everytime i want to jump a frame easily, i scroll the mouse in program preview, a zoom happens and that is SO frustating.

What about activating a zoom with the mouse scroll pressing Z - like the old Zoom Tool - and pressing again for deactivate? I think this will make everyone happy

Sincerly, what we asking is not a thing for another planet or a impossible thing to change.

We just asking for a option, not a forced change. No one want a forced change...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a cool idea, and serves a good purpose.  I don't see the need to remove the mouse zoom, for those of us whove been using Premiere for over 20 years, all we need is the add the option in the contextual menu to lock the zoom in "Fit To Screen" mode.
Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok @Alexis Van Hurkman

Can't you understand that you've made a mistake by removing a feature that has existed in Premiere Pro for a long time?
This completely disrupts the workflow of older users who are already used it. At least add an option, as well as the many completely obsolete options that you still maintain in Premiere Pro, such as “Selection Follows Playhead”, which also has the option of pressing the “D” key to select what is under the needle, turning this option absoluted useless.

Finally, I hope your pay more attention to their older subscribers and prioritize the community as a whole, and not say: “Based on early positive feedback” when there are clearly a lot of people unsatisfied with the new change.

And I'm not even start going to talk about my dissatisfaction with the new look of the timeline and the bugs that have appeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2024 Jun 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This new feature is so annoying. please revert it and just add the option to have it just scrubb, zoom, or zoom+scrubb based off the location of the mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add the option to revert, it's such a ballache having become so accustomed to scrolling in the program monitor to scrub. Killing me here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% what everyone else is saying. I don't really ever get on adobe forums, but this is such a consistant, and constant pain in the butt every 30-60 seconds while editing, then having to fix the zoom again, it's absolutely making me dread opening and using premiere pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legit considering unsubscribing from Primere if this isnt change. Literally unbearble that scrolling zooms in instead of going frame by frame through the timeline instead. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As someone who has worked on some of the biggest youtube videos on the planet. I've worked for MrBeast, 100 Thieves, IGN Entertainment, and Karl Jacobs. This feature wasnt broken. Why fix it. You can easily zoom in and out of your program monitor with a keybind as it is. Mine is already the numpad keys 1,2, and 3 to zoom in/out and fit to screen. You have just made keyframing Incredibly difficult within Premiere. The best fix that you can do is make it an option to Enable or disable this fuction in the keybinds. I looked through everything and and your mouse is not an option. I would suggest in the future you ask your community. Not whatever you used before to make this judgment call because it was severly flawled. As someone who has used your product for over 15 years, This was a poor judgement call on Adobes part. Fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt+Scroll is "so default" to zoom in/out in other adobe apps, like Photoshop and Illustrator... Actually, Alt+Scroll already works in Premiere zooming in/out, in the timeline panel!! The new feature is not just annoying, but lacks consistency...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Alexis Van Hurkman 

>We understand that changing existing UI can be frustrating, but encourage you to try using the new scroll-to-jog target area (highlighted in red in the image below), to see if it's able to meet your needs.

I already tried that when I posted this; however, it's not my style as I don't have a precise aim.

I do understand the new feature is one stone two birds kind of thing if you are an e-sports professional and an editor at the same time but please give me the option to revert it

Votes

Translate

Translate