• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Scrolling / panning in the Program Monitor

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator: This thread was originally titled "Premiere Pro 24.4 Program Monitor Scrolls". It's been updated to make this thread easier to find. We appreciate - and are listening to! - your feedback on scrolling / panning in the Program Monitor]

I just noted after the 24.4 update, My source & Program monitor up & down rollers/scrolls on the sides just vanished or missing. Not sure if this still part of the zoom in, zoom out or use of hand tool new updates which has cause this to be removed or a bug - but, kindly let me know if anyone has experienced this issue. The screengrab below.

Idea No status
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 133 Replies 133
133 Comments
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried resetting the workspace, using a different workspace and restarting. I've even tried repairing the installation by rolling it back and reinstalling the latest version. The scroll bar will not appear. Any ideas?

I'm using version 23.2.0 of Adobe Premiere Pro on a Windows 64 build.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Scroll bar can you share more info screenshot or any other? is that high contrast in your system?

Try to Reset the Preference and then launch the application.

thanks,

Suraj Shinde.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that and I haven't changed my contrast settings. There used to be a scroll bar on the timeline so you could scroll to the bottom even when it was expanded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vertical scroller on project video frame is missing in the editing workspace. I noticed this last Thursday and it hasn't come back. I reset my workspace and looked in preference and checked on Windows and scrolling bars are on in settings. Please bring back. I can't zoom in and scroll to a specific location for editing.

[title edited by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - please bring back the scroll bars....it's easier to use in some applications....thank you!  Another user said to use the hand tool or middle mouse button now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is due to a new change, as the Program Panel works differently now, with the mouse pan and zoom feature they just added.  So no more scroll bars, instead you pan around the image by holding down the middle mouse button, or using the 'Hand Tool' (press H) if you have a trackpad.  I kind of like saving the space the scrollbars used to consume, but it probably is less intuitive to new users.  Here is the detailed description of what thy added, including pinch zoom for touchpads:

Details of this feature’s use include:

• When using mouse scroll wheels, magic mouse scrolling, and tablet scrolling, zooming is anchored to the centre of the monitor view. For these devices, holding Opt/Alt + Scroll lets you zoom into the pointer’s position onscreen, so you can zoom directly into any detail you choose.
  • When using trackpad pinch, zooming is anchored to the cursor. In this case, holding Opt/Alt + pinch lets you zoom while keeping the image centred to the monitor view.
  • Holding the Shift key while zooming with a mouse scroll wheel, trackpad, and wacom pen accelerates zoom so you can get where you need to be faster.
  • Panning is also supported using Mouse Button 3, aka the scroll/middle button.
  • At this time, no panning is available when using a trackpad. However, you can use the 'H' keyboard shortcut to select the Hand tool with which to pan the image freely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When zooming in on a detailed section, how do I get it back centered with the mouse? (without using the Fit button?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until about 2 days ago, if the program window was active and I roll the mouse wheel, it would track forward and back through the frames. Suddenly it started tracking about 2 frames in either direction then it weould no longer track therough the frames but would make a  clicking noise. 

Today the mouse wheel just zooms in and out. How do I get it to go back to where the mouse wheel tracks fwd and bkwd as it did for years?  A major part of using Premier Pro is asking how to fix it. Rediculous.

Can you believe we pay a monthly fee for a program that hangs, crashes, freezes, reconfigures itself to a point that the recommend fix is to go delete a folder from the program folder and restart? Windows go missing regularly, the display gets stuck, the timeline quits responding. This is the most mature program I have ever used in my 25 years in IT that is this buggy.  We pay Adobe thousands and thousands of dollars and restarting the app every hour is a part of regular use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the beta?

If so: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/now-in-beta-continuous-zoom-and-pan-now...

If you want to scoll through the frames hover the mouse over the time ruler numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want the mouse wheel to move the play head forward and back. I am in premier pro and beta and neither are doing that.  Historically, I have selected the program window and scrolling the mouse wheel would move the playhead to advance and reverse the frame. (not simply scrolling through the timeline, actually adjusting the playhead a frame with each scroll and holding the alt key while doing so would advance and reverse the playhead several frames at a time)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I really have a giant issue with this update and I hate it from the bottom of my heart. When I try to hover over the clip on playback area now it adjusts the zoom of the clip and doesn't go frame by frame. Why in hell would I need to adjust my zoom of the clip and not have a proper frame by frame with mouse scroll???? How to revert that feature. I HATE IT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the detailed explanation! Solved my problems and answered all my questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just have your focus on the timeline panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to get out of it, the frame by frame with mouse WHEEL was perfect before, why I can't desactivate this. c'mon, it's horrible.

Please if you fix it let me know pls!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried keyframing by hand and adjusting positions for each frame... The method you are talking works but what I would've done before for 10min, now I have to do for 30mins....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann.

What has changed on Version 24.4.1 (Build 2)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the link I posted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we change it back to its old state?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to revert to previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Fam,

First, I love the new update (May 2024). Lots of great new features which are well thought out! Thank you.

One thing I'm not a fan of is how the mouse scroll function now behaviors on the program monitor. Usually, I could just move my mouse there and scroll and the my position bar on the timeline would move forward or back. Keep in mind I'm using a Kensington Orbit Fusion mouse.

Now, this action zooms in / out on the program monitor and I have to be extra careful to position my mouse over the program monitor's smaller scroll section. I love the idea behind the easy zoom in and out, but I'm curious if we could make that a shift-scroll function or a toggle switch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea how to pan around the monitor "by holding the middle mouse button and dragging" if using a touchpad/trackpad on a laptop? Three finger drag doesnt work. Would be really wonderfull if the monitor worked like in AE space + drag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I just found the solution for those who want to disable zoom in and out on the monitor. Previously, this was done by going back and forward frame by frame (holding Alt for 5 frames).

Previously, you could do this by pointing anywhere on the monitor. You must do it within the timeline ruler area inside the Program Monitor.

With this change, you can now use the mouse wheel for frame-by-frame navigation and zoom in and out.

I hope this helps you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Vito23415602vtae,

Thanks for the comment. As a Mac user, I also see this issue. There is no middle mouse button with Mac, so we do not have full access to this feature. I am advocating on behalf of Mac users like you and me to have an alternative so we can use this feature.

As a workaround, try switching to the Hand tool to pan around the Program Monitor. That's what I've been doing.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate