• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad workflow for text editing in premiere pro

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lot of editing to do with texts and paragraphes over videos in Pr and I find the tools to be very bad compares to After effect, photoshop, indesign or illustrator...

I just don't know why Adobe does not use the same system as the other product... 
Anybody else find that annoying? 

Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @john moriss 

There's text-based editing and then there's editing text objects.  

I think you mean editing and formatting text objects in Premiere Pro, correct?

If I could change one thing for formatting text objects in Premiere Pro, it would be having the same keyboard shortcuts for kerning (character spacing) that we have in After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign (option/alt-left arrow or option/alt-right arrow while the text prompt is between the characters).

You've probably noticed that while similar, the type engine in Photoshop and After Effects is different from the one in Illustrator which is different from the one in InDesign.  Consistent behaviors across the applications may be the best we can hope for - but who knows?  Maybe a unified type engine could be coded and implemented.

You may not be looking for a workaround, but we can format text in After Effects, Photoshop, or Illustrator, actively select it, and then copy and paste it to a text prompt in a Type Object in Premiere Pro and retain the styling (font, size, fill color, etc.).  If we really want to use InDesign, we can save PNG files from the INDD file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Warren!
Thanks for your answer! 
I've tried to copy and paste it from illustrator and unfortunately it does not maintain the text edit,
I'm trying to have a bullet point list that I can still edit in premiere pro but I can't seem to find a way to do so. By exemple, I can't decide to add a space only between paragraph and not between everyline. Well this is anoying 😛 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

liste.png
I finnaly just did the text editing in indesign, export it as a png and import it in premier pro... this is really not an effective worflow tho.. Hope to see more editing option in premiere pro for the futur! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@john moriss 

The font and fill color should remain as long as it's copied while the characters are actively selected and pasted to the text prompt.  

Paragraph options, like Left Indent and Right Indent, are likely to fall off as the equivalents don't exist in Premiere Pro.

Based on your sample image, I'd likely have done that outside of Premiere Pro as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate