• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Better project management

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We often need to collect the project for transfering or archiving purposes. When collecting - all assets will be collected in one folder which is a bit messy....it would be great if files can be collected in 2 ways:
- following the Premiere project bin structure
Or
- following the folder structure on hard drive
That would help us a lot in keeping the collected projects organized.
Idea Under review
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023
Thanks for all the feedback so far.

It is one of many areas we are looking into.

Votes

Translate

Translate
86 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And make the progress bar actually representative of the progress instead of just showing 100% from the very beginning even when there's hours worth of media to copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's kind of mind boggling how useless this "feature" has remained for years. If it was ever implemented properly, it would be used all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree! After Effects "collect for output" does is properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

If you are looking to an alternative to the "Project Manager", you could give a try to our new plugin : PlumePack
(https://www.autokroma.com/PlumePack).

It's similar to the Project Manager with less bugs and there is also a Trimming feature with handles! This feature will remove the unused data of your media without re-encoding the file compared to Project Manager: your files keep their codec and exact quality. It works with BRAW, R3D, ProRes, and soon H.264 will be available.

If you want to test it before buying : you can download it for free and run the analysis. It should give you all the details about what PlumePack would do to your project.

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello we are now 2021, may. Is there been any changes on this ?? I see nested sequences still been ignored?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bart@unrealdigital.com. Didn't read anything about this, in the last updates. But i noticed a thing, that i'm sure in older version didn't work..now, seems that level 1 nested sequences will be copied, but not the level 2 and further (with level 2 i mean a nested into another nested, and level 1 is a simple clip nested).

My extension will automatically copy all levels of nesting.
You can try a fully working version (10 days trial) here: https://aescripts.com/smart-collect-for-premiere-pro/

Feel free to leave me a feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

being able to copy media and follow the folder structure on the hard drive (or from multiple servers as folders) when media managing would be absolutely crucial in these days of COVID work from home. Please please please make this an option. It would make prepping drives for editors who are editing old content thousands of times easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... as the After Effect's Collect Files does!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha its truly insane how such a basic feature has been essentially broken for 3 years now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Onto release 22 and still nothing has change on this useless project management. Any chance of an update? Might have to move to FCP. The only thing keeping me with Premiere is After Effects!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due the fact project management is still broken, i'm here to remember that i created a dedicated extension (" Smart Collect for premiere pro" on aescripts.com )

It collect the footage used in the selected sequence (or multiple sequences) copying them on disk with the same folder structure you created in premiere pro. It also create a copy of the project and relink automatically the footage to the just copied files. There is also an option that delete from project window all the unused footage (unused in the selected sequences), to clean the project.

Smart Collect does not perform any trim or conversion, because i want an extension that works, without having issues with render/codec...it could be crash, stop, generate some errors that not depends from the extension.

I wanted a working extension, that produce a good collect, at the expense of a few more gigabytes.

Here there is a trial version, fully working for 10 days: https://aescripts.com/smart-collect-for-premiere-pro/

Let me know what you think 🙂
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of people have recommended third-party plug-ins. Keep in mind when one is using a managed computer or in a suite, we don’t always have the ability to install these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mary could you contact us and tell us more about your issue of installing panels and plugins ? Here https://www.autokroma.com/contact
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree with Mary. It’s not about just using third party plug ins which always have bugs and don’t work seamlessly with the software.

This needs to be fixed in Premiere. This includes consolidating after effect sequences, nested sequences and effects used. Which is compatible with different versions of both Premiere and After Effects.

I want to be able to finish a job, put in a library and come back to it years after with minimal of issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven if you find any bug in PlumePack contact us

to fix it https://www.autokroma.com/PlumePack/

https://www.autokroma.com/contact

There are also bugs inside Adobe official features

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely agree with Mary. I have been waiting this feature for years, but we all know the facts.
So, i first developed smart collect for my own use. Then i realized that it could be useful for other people, so i polished it to be more easy and uploaded on aescripts.

I know that not all people can install what they want. The extensions however, are not like plugin or something that copy files all over the OS, it's just a folder that will be recognized by premiere as an extension.

To check compatibility, eventual bug and other, you can try for free the full version for 10 days (here is direct link to trial, no registration required)

https://aescripts.com/downloadable/download/sample/sample_id/848/

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jumping on this thread to say that we DESPERATELY need a working project manager. I have to deliver consolidated projects all the time to an agency that keeps a rigid file structure. It can't be that hard to have a "preserve relative file path" option, and let Premiere populate those folders. After Effects can do this when it collects media, turning folders/bins into folders on the destination drive. How do we still not have this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable Adobe replied to this thread in 2018 and NOTHING has changed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PlumePack (third party "Project Consolidation" plugin for Premiere) could help you ! The current version allow you to consolidate your project (Plumepack it !) from the "Bins" structure in Premiere Pro.
In the next version in Beta, you can also choose a new mode to organize your final structure folder : directly from the initial folder structure on Disk.
Note that the copy mode is free to use ! Only trimming without encoding needs a Premium license.
https://www.autokroma.com/blog/PlumePack-2-0-Open-Beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your cc plan have After Effects then just import the Premiere Pro project into After Effects and collect the files from there. It will maintain the bin structure according to your Premiere Pro project. This will also save you some money instead of buying any 3rd party plugin. Believe me I'm using this for more then 2 year and its work perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,
cela devient impératif qu'Adobe se penche sur le problème de gestion de Projet. Cela fonctionne de manière trop aléatoire.

Le cout de stockage des rushes que l'on ne peut pas consolider augmente. Mon entreprise songe à partir d'Adobe pour DaVinci l'année prochaine, en partie à cause de ce problème.

La philosophie de Première est de transformer tous les fichiers dans le même format (ex :MXF ou DNX) mais pourquoi ? Si nous tournons des plans en MXF HD et d'autres en MP4 100 i/s, ce n'est pas pour rien. Il faudrait que la consolidation conserve ces valeurs. C'est plus logique, non ?

Pour finir, pouvez-vous faire en sorte que le dossier de consolidation soit clair s'il vous plait ? Tout est en vrac dans un seul dossier. Cela ne doit pas être insurmontable de créer des sous-dossiers correspondants aux bin du projet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of us working inside large, networked environments with other editors, producers and assistants, the need for clear, accurate archiving is imperative. While Project Manager works after a fashion, it is in dire need of modernization.

As mentioned in this thread, simply recognizing, maintaining and utilizing the bins structure in a project will be an excellent step forward.

Having the capability to customize and store presets will be a solid second step.

Building in the ability, should the operator require it, to direct an existing bins structure to one created/imported/preset inside Project Manager will be a welcome third step.

Or you might just leap three steps ahead with the next update -- how about it?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE--IT IS ABSURD THAT THIS HAS NOT BEEN ADDRESS FOR OVER 4 YEARS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn’t it! An absolute useless feature. Better to take it away and include PlumePack Pro. Tried consolidating over the weekend. Wasted HOURS and gave up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the feedback so far.

It is one of many areas we are looking into.

Votes

Translate

Translate