• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor Frame Behavior (Affecting In Out, Ripple Edits)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cursor Frame Behavior (Affecting In Out, Ripple Edits).

Ok team, I know you had some guy complain about how the Cursor works in the timeline, and now you changed how it works, which completely screwed over the Ripple Trim to Previous Edit.

What WORKED before yesterday was if you were on the front of a clip in the timeline, and you hit the Ripple Trim to Previous Edit, it would remove the first frame and obviously move the entire timeline up a frame to compensate.

THIS WAS INSANELY HANDY because if you're trimming a clip, you could just hit that button a few times and make it work right.

Now, because you guys changed how the cursor works, I have to hit Right on my keypad, and then hit the Ripple edit button, and it'll remove that first frame.

Guys, you seriously screwed over an entire generation of editos who know how editing works. I know some people complain about how the cursor works, but this sucks.

Why not just create a preference option where you can make the Cursor act like FILM or act like it is now. All NLEs were based on film editing, which lots of people expect and relied upon. Now, I have to hit an extra keystroke all the time which is massively time consuming.

Can you please just put in a preference option to revert back or not? That would solve this issue for everyone instead of bowing to people that don't understand NLE history.
Idea Started
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
65 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please please please please please please please please
fix it.
fix it.
fix it.
fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes you need to take a few more frames off after Ripple Previous Edit to Playhead and sometimes you need to put a few frames back.

I wouldn't mind if pressing Q a second time after doing "Ripple Previous Edit to Playhead" switched to "Select Nearest Edit Point as Ripple In" or pressing W a second time after doing "Ripple Next Edit to Playhead" switched to "Select Nearest Edit Point as Ripple Out" which allows the editor to use Trim Forward (option right) or Trim Backward (option left) to ripple forward or backward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please just allow the play head and shortcuts to act like it do in version 15.4.1

It cant be that hard to resolve this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have added the desired functionality, Ripple trim of first frame when you are at the head of a clip, as a new shortcut - Ripple Delete Head Frame. This is in the current Premiere Pro 22.5 Beta (build 032+) available in Creative Cloud.

Back by popular demand you can ripple delete one frame at a time with your preferred keyboard shortcut. To use it, set up a Keyboard Shortcut (Option-Command-K) and search for “Ripple Delete Head Frame.” Once you have designated your KBS, position your playhead before the extraneous frames, press your chosen KBS and delete one frame at a time until you land on your ideal first frame. Try it out and let us know what you think!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/ripple-delete-frame-shortcut/m-p/129535...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue will be clarified soon. Here's the news from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes everybody. I just tried the feature in Beta and it works just like before.

THANK GOD.

Thanks everyone for voting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Stephan! I'm not sure if got it. It looks like it's not working like before (haven't tested it yet) it appears to me that they added the feature but separately, Am I right? So instead of working as before you need to add a second shortcut to cut that extra frame, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreiky Fraga - I was concerned that it would only work on the head of a clip, but it does work exactly like the way it used to. So you don't really need the 'Ripple Delete to Previous Edit' unless you don't want the 'Ripple Trim at Start of Clip' function - I have no idea why anyone would ever not use it.

So yes, in the Beta Premiere it works perfectly as it's supposed to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes thank god Adobe, thank you for listening!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Adobe! I really appreciate the team listening and adjusting to our feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, come on. I just use Sarah's Peachy shortcuts and ripple trim edit stopped working. Check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLzyywNnwUc

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for listening Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DR AKERECO A POWERFUL LOVE SPELL CASTER WHO DID A WONDERFUL WORK FOR ME His WhatsApp: +2348148822140

I never believed in love spells or magic until I met this spell caster on the internet. I meant a man whose name is Dr. Akereco. He is really powerful and could help cast spells to bring back one's lost, misbehaving lover and magic money spell or spell for a good job or luck spell. I'm now happy & a living testimony. The man I wanted to get married to left me a week before our wedding and my life was upside down because our relationship has been going on for 3years. I really loved him. So when I met this spell caster, I told him what happened and explained the situation to him. At first, I was undecided, skeptical, and doubtful, but I just gave it a try. And in 3 days, my boyfriend called me by himself and came to me apologizing that everything had been settled. Well we are happily married now and we are expecting our first child, and my husband also got a new job and our lives became much better.
His Email Address is: drakerecospellcaster@gmail.com
His WhatsApp Number is: +2348148822140

Rosa from Italy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree, when I found this few years ago I thought it a bug because it was odd to me that you can be at the beginning of the clip but still able to remove 1 frame. But it was insanly useful and I also hate that they actually remove it for no reason. If some1 didnt use it, it didnt even bother him, but for those whole know that "trick" it was very helpful on daily basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mine is also experiencing issues with this after upgrading to Premier Pro 2024.  Mine works for the Q key shortcut key being a "Ripple Trim Previous Edit to Playhead". However, it takes a long time with each time I do this. 5 seconds. It doesn't sound like much, but if you add that up with a 100 edits in 30 minutes, that adds 8 minutes to your edit time. I may be going back to 2021 as it was the most stable for working on class projects and and editing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate