• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom coloured video and audio tracks

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colour labels for tracks. A feature I would find really useful in Premiere would be to assign a colour label to various tracks.

I'm a bit of an obsessive when it comes to keeping my sequences in order and since I do a lot of work with different media formats as well as working alongside lots of different industry creatives involving VFX, animation, live action, documentary and drama workflows it's crucial that I can manage all of that in the edit. So when it comes to organising all the layers of audio and video it would be really useful to be able to select a colour, much like After Effects, and assign it to the different tracks so you can easily keep track of what should be where.

I know this might look a bit ridiculous but I made this mock up to help illustrate my point.
Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! This would be really useful to have. It's especially helpful when passing projects to other editors - tracks can be easily differentiated without having to look at the track name.

For example, Video Tracks 1-3 (coloured blue), could be for one particular thing, and 4-8 (orange) could be for something else. The editor can quickly spot the colours, and will know that there is some relation between the like-coloured tracks.

Quick and dirty example, I know, but it would get used quite a bit in our office,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A great feature to differentiate between music, VO, draft tracks etc. Also, not so hard to implement I reckon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes! just look at Protools which does it pretty well

Votes

Translate

Translate