Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default marker length

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Option to set default marker length.
Or a keyboard shortcut to extend length of marker.
At least enough to be able to see the label's text.
Idea No status
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Hotkey for changing the Marker Duration so that I do not have to double click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely want this - I use markers a LOT for many things - making timestamps for exporting for video playback, notes to self, lyrics in a kinetic typography video... you name it. Using the keyboard is my go-to and the fact that new markers are blank, and then I have to press m again to edit, then type in the name, then tab to the duration - it's repetitive.

An Option or Preferences setting to set the default duration would be fantastic - I could set it to 1s, 2s or 5 frames 10 frames... whatever, and then when the marker is made, it's automatically something I can resize easily.

Another add-on that would be nice that I saw mentioned in another feature request is a keyboard short to have "marker-in" and "marker-out" shortcuts we could assign

Then, as we're playing back the video, we could use the shortcuts we made. Example:
m = create new marker
alt+m = marker-in (start new marker here but don't create it yet)
shift+alt+m = marker-out (finish creating new marker started with marker-in)
shift+m = go to next marker
ctrl+shift+m go to previous marker
ctrl+alt+m = clear selected marker
ctrl+alt-shift+m = clear all markers

Usage note: If marker-in is pressed again while marker-in is already active, then it ends the previous marker and starts a new one. That way if someone is watching a video (at whatever speed), they can just keep pressing marker-in (alt+m in my opinion) and automatically get full marker spreads all over the place.

Why would we want marker-in and marker-out?
- Interviews
- Lyric passages
- Q&A sections

Bonus option:
Let us set a default marker color as well. That way we can go through once with alt+m and set markers for ... green, let's say. Then someone else or same person decides they need to make markers that are red... now alt+m makes markers in that color that can overlap the existing ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Want this too. Plus another Marker idea:

When you place makers on a clip in the source viewer it would be great if there were a way to see in the 'Project' panel or the clip's associated bin, that the clip contained a marker. Additionally if you placed multiple markers on a clip, there would be a drop down triangle next to the clip when viewed in its bin - that when clicked revealed all of that clip's applied markers, and double-clicking one took you to the marker location in the source window.

Final Cut 7 had this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES PLEASE

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we need this

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we please get this or at least a setting to set the default marker duration? thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please, please implement this.

Votes

Translate

Translate