• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export timeline but as individual clips

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great to export a full timeline from Premier but instead of one video, each video clip on the timeline is exported individually. This is an option in DaVinci Resolve and I've found it to be really useful. Having to do it manually can definitely be a pain.
Idea Under review
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023
Thank you for your feedback. This is under review.

Votes

Translate

Translate
95 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be awesome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've needed to do that a few times before myself and I had to do it manually. Pretty ridiculous when you think about how simple this task should really be. If there's a cut on the timeline it should create a new clip. Done. It can't be that hard for a computer to understand that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This functionality existed in Vegas back when it was owned by Sonic Foundry. This was easily accomplished over 20 years ago in that era's NLEs.

This feature is long overdue IMHO...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do this every. day.

I have to create a versioning sequence--lay out all my cuts--make the changes--lasso each set and sub-sequence them to a bin--rename each cut manually with the ill-advised keyboard changes to "enter", and then push them all to AME for encoding.

Then I pray I don't have to do the "blow out the cache, reboot the machine, toggle GPU rendering off and on" routine that the most recent AME seems to require.

So yes, consider this a very enthusiastic thumbs up to this request. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I would also love this function and can't believe it is not currently available... Seems like a simple function?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YESSS PLEASE!!!! On many projects, I need to send the client b-roll selects from a shoot. This means bringing the footage into Premiere, trimming clips, color-correcting, scaling, stabilizing, etc. Currently, there's no way to batch export the individual clips. Have to do them one by one. Super frustrating! If you're going to ditch Speedgrade, you need to incorporate some kind of dailies workflow in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDED SOON

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add this! Massively needed. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS! It used to be a simple Batch Media on FCP7 - how is something so simple not included on Premier??

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should have been a basic feature. Add ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't had to do this since the tape days in FCP but now that I need to it's so frustrating that this isn't an option available to us yet in 2018 - it's so basic. Tech support weren't helpful prior to finding this article to say it can't be done - yet. What's the point in dragging a clip from a timeline sequence into a project folder to export if it doesn't take any of the grade or warp settings with it? Totally useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please add this feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will see if I can add this into AfterCodecs https://autokroma.com/AfterCodecs/

What would be the name of the rendered clips ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Antoine: would be nice to set a base name, and then decide how it increments. We crank out hundreds of versions, and choosing say "HR00256" with an increment of "1" with each additional item on the timeline would be great. IE HR00256, HR00257, HR00258

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking into it and it seems feasible, the only thing is that the timeline is actually a big tree-graph so it's impossible to know exactly what you want to export (there could be multiple clips on top of each other ! and clips don't necessarily follow each other)
For now the only idea I have is let the user select a video track (V1, V2, or V3 etc..), detect all clips in that track and export the whole sequence multiple times at the in and out of each of those clips. And also render when there are gaps between the clips if gaps exists.

For file naming, you're right there are actually two issues : each clip should have its own name and there could be multiple versions of the render (which is a general PPro export issue)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolve has it. Adobe should too

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This functionality would be wonderful! It would be most
useful in my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add this

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating multiple individual clips with multiple IN&OUT points from the same timeline sequence should be a MUST from Premiere...!!
I have a need to create multiple video clips from one sequence and each clip had is own in/out points ending up in a cue in Media Encoder where we can asign a different name to each clip before rendering...that will be AWSOME..!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be also helpful to be able to export different clips according to the timeline markers ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like what I can do right now is retrieves markers name / description (to create the filename) and in / out points of a timeline, so with that I should be able to build this feature but you'll need to put markers yourself ! I'm looking into seeing if I can retrieve all clips of a particular video track it would be more handy for you

Votes

Translate

Translate