• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

font and size in the interface

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to be able to change the font and font size across the board in the interface. it is WAY to small for my old eyes
Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 119 Replies 119
119 Comments
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You boys with the 'hi-rez' monitors have overspent! You buy a 4k monitor and the pixels are too small. Thats the real problem. I use a 32" 2560x1440 preceicly because it gives the right size pixels and I can use default sizes for my desktop and programs. When you raise the scale-up on a program interface, you simply loose screen-real estate, so you pay to say you have the hi-res, but in reality, you are just scaling up things to use up that suddenly not-available screen area. More = less sometimes.

Besides, you shouldn't be using or discussing (here) that thing you are using and discussing. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @MyerPj. What's your workaround for looking at your 4k video 1:1? Or are you happy scaling it or only seeing part of it all the time? For me, 1:1 is crucial as I bounce between PrP, Ch, AE, PS, ToonBoom and C4d. Compositing edges are important to see 1:1. A key that looks fine at 75% or 50%, has problems at 100%. Do you have an additional monitor capable of playing 4K? Thanks! Also here is a UI solution that allows a 4k image to be 1:1 while the UI can be scaled comfortably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MyerPj because the extra resolution helps with having a full size doc, or slack, etc etc, up on the screen while I'm editing. This is especially helpful when I'm four-walling or remote work with agencies as I am right now. In films, having an extra wide timeline is critical for me. Ultimately, I'm in favor of whatever allows you to get work done faster and more real estate help me do that. To each their own of course!219.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PAF, good reasons. What are we looking at with that screen shot. Have you increased the screen fonts for Premiere? If not, I'm not sure what we are talking about.

BGP That's pretty slick no doubt. Does the Windows version do the same thing?

Anyway, the video actually shows what I'm talking about. When he scales it up to '2' everything from the "Camera Lock" dropdown and down is lost. So, it's just like running a lower res monitor and not scaling.

MyerPj_0-1681862074821.png

The viewing of 4k video/images/graphics etc, is not what this thread is about.

Cheers man. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @MyerPj . Thanks for looking at the link. I put it in as a generic illustration of how a UI (and fonts) can scale without the image scaling. If something like this were implemented in PrP (and AE) the UI could enlarge with out the monitor pannels enlarging. And because this is a PrP thread, it is also about the image -- even if the OP is asking about the font size. If you aren't interested in image quality (ie, you are ok with your OS scaling your image) this isn't the thread for you. I'm not sure if there is an OS that doesn't have the ability to scale these days. So the workaround has always been to set a 4k or higher monitor to some lesser resolution. But then you can't trust what you are seeing for image-critical use. When I use the " `" key, I want to see my 4k image at 100% uncropped. When I hit the " `" again, I want the UI to return (which it does) but to have a legible UI. Back when we were lucky to get a computer to play 320x240 video, this was not an issue. Now that we are working on 4k higher projects, it is an issue -- and one that we are encouraging Adobe to engage in like other software devlopers have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallelujah! "Hi-Rez" is not an overspend and critical in a lot of workflows. Thank you for pointing this out @BGPictures in such an eloquent way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the issue is monitoring 4K material at 4K, I think there are solutions to output 4K from within Premiere to an external 4K monitor.  Can't say I've ever done it or felt it was necessary, but Blackmagic and AJA make several solutions...    And frankly, most computer monitors do not reproduce colors with sufficient accuracy.  Of course, I may be mistaken...  I have used the blackmagic decklink ultra (I think that is the name) to output 1080 video from within premiere because Apple in all there wisdom only allowed one external monitor to be connected from the first generation M1 macbookpro with out publicizing the fact sufficiently...  Was a big surprise and luckily figured out this solution...  

And I supposed this might have been discussed previously in this thread, but it's way too many pages to sort thru.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Michael Grenadier . Yes, an additional monitor is a good workaround. My challenge is that my main display is a 32" cintiq. I edit with it, draw on it, and stand in front of it whenever possible. It's so big, that to add additional displays above or beside it becomes an ergonomic challenge. Like many, I would prefer a single monitor for all my needs.( @pigsalreadyfly has lots of different apps open at the same time, with premiere pro being the legibility problem). A color timer has different needs... and a different setup. (I have no need for a client monitor while I'm tweaking, for example.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basic option for virtually every type of software. The entire discipline of UI/UX is geared toward accomodating the software user interface to the human being, not the other way around. Not just sofware. Car seats, airline flight decks, bicycles, smartphones; spreadsheet, color correction, other companies' editing and imaging software; word processors, databases. I think a more efficient question would be: what type of software does not have an adjustable UI to suit individual users? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

I am advocating for this feature request. I also am no spring chicken and need glasses to see the UI.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The closest thing Premiere has is the Project panel menu > Font Size > [choose a size]"

Ooh that's good to know, thanks. The catch is it only seems to affect the project panel, nothing else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderator Note: Link/text removed. Sorry. Please do not use the internal developer tool to change the application.
It is against the corporate guidelines and is a request from Adobe Premiere Pro engineering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not an end-user feature Flavio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Ctrl+F12 console method only partially works as affects UI elements inconsistently because it's not an intended function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unreal Swandive? The 2 posts right above say it's not for us to use the console, then you post again after it was removed by the moderator on Flavio's post with the moderator saying:

Please do not use the internal developer tool to change the application.
It is against the corporate guidelines and is a request from Adobe Premiere Pro engineering.

??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Adobe has a ui font size scaling tool in the backend but won't give that to people for front end usage. Seems pretty odd not to, especially for accessibility purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's been noted over the years ... more than once, I'm sure you're surprised to hear ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad to hear you are on the side of accessibility!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Always ... always!

Votes

Translate

Translate