• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Lumetri color, just clicking on a CURVE should not move it. It should only move when the user mov

Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the Lumetri Color effect’s CURVES controls, clicking on the line to create a point will also instantly move the line. (Unless your click is pixel-perfect.) This is very annoying in situations where you want to keep most of the line straight, such as with hue vs hue.

Please make it so that when a point is first created or clicked on, the point and line do not move until the user moves the cursor (while holding down left click of course).

P.S: Some other effects or controls also have this same issue, like the curves control in the Master clip RED Source Settings, but it's not nearly as annoying there.
Idea No status
TOPICS
Effects

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is infuriating. Being able to reset the line, or reset a point to zero would be useful as well so if you click, it moves, you create another point and drag, you could then reset the first point to zero.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please fix this, yes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had to CC a 24 min show in Premiere and it was just disappointing how bad the CC interface and tools are. I knew it wasn't going to be a good as Resolve, but things like this (and a lack of nodes) really made it frustrating. Points should not move when created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's worth noting that this only happens for me if I have my click visualization script running. I figured that out after I posted this feature request.
https://github.com/TaranVH/2nd-keyboard/blob/master/Taran's_Windows_Mods/Both_Accelerated_Scrolling_...
If it is disabled, I do NOT get this behavior.
This .ahk script is available on github, but I suspect that for the other people who have voted on this, it is being caused by something else. Maybe different UI settings, or Windows Pointer Speed, or mouse DPI.
Can someone else who is experiencing this issue, please confirm that you are NOT running any .ahk scripts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! I agree. So annoying you learn to live with it but really unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
all Adobe apps have terrible, terrible Curves. From what i understand, their marketing dept believes that most users are afraid of curves, so they basically don't spend much time developing a better UX.
Did you know that the curves in Ps have never received a significant update in more than 25 years? We're basically still using Curves v1. So sad.
If you ever want to see what a more modern curve UI would look like, check out FreshCurves:
https://frischluft.com/curves/

Votes

Translate

Translate