• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone footage wahsed out and looks horrible

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand there's HDR issue with premiere pro and iPhone but considering how common phones are for shooting, this should not be such a work-around and issue. This should be an out of the box issue to fix.

I am not a professional video editor and don't want to have to jump through hoops and presets and settings to make my footage look good when exporting.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Color , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There isn't a problem whatsoever with iPhone footage or most other camera-produced format/codecs. But as this is a professional application, it has an amazing array of options for the user to use for whatever they need to do. 

Such as setting the correct color management settings for what you want to do.

Premiere can work several color spaces and wide or normal dynamic range and do all well ... BUT ... it can't read your mind.

So each user needs to set the CM for the sequence they're working on. Color Workspace, Lumetri panel, Settings tab.

Do you want to work in HDR, in an HLG sequence? Then make the appropriate settings.

Do you want to transform that HLG media to SDR/Rec.709? That can also be done, if you set the appropriate CM settings. 

Tell us what you want, and we can sort it out for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate