• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Label Color

Participant ,
Jun 01, 2024 Jun 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just can't figure out Adobe's UI designers.
So many updates I regretted I've done, so many UI design mistakes and bizzare approach. I think that your attitude and contempt for us -the users, will eventually strengthen the waves of leaving for alternatives.
Why should I need to look for how to configure (from the beginning) each color of every item in your interface after I got used to working in a certain way- are you out of your mind?
Did you mentioned this info in BOLD / headline of the update info?
Did you ask your users if they even want to change the color? Did you published a pool about it?
Who will compensate us for this waste of time?

Idea No status
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

@Takeone.Digital I'm sorry you feel this change was forced upon you. As others have mentioned here, we have a freely available public beta version of Premiere Pro where any new changes go live first, often for multiple months, as we refine them and gather feedback. 

You are in full control of when Premiere Pro updates. You can check that auto-update is turned off in the Creative Cloud desktop application (go to the Updates tab and there's a button). If you leave auto-updates off, no updates ar

Votes

Translate

Translate
16 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They do test with a fair amount of people in zoom and in-person things at events like NAB, plus the colors have been in the public beta for some time. There was both an announcement post, and a lot of discussion about them, on the public beta forum. I'd suggest adding that forum to your list of things to scan for new stuff sometime each week.

There's a "What's New" post they'll link to on this forum for each update, and of course there's an icon in the upper right for any new version you install to go to the "What's new" page.

There have been a lot of users wanting updates to the look, more color choices and all. So this was in response to user requests. And I've seen a fair number of posts from editors who are thrilled with the new options. So it's something you may not like, but others may love.

Like anything else in such complex, complicated apps.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of giving the users more choices for anythiing including UI appearence. Which this does do. "We" can do far more personalization to taste than we ever could before, more so than in any other NLE. Resolve for instance is very locked down. Very few user changeable settings to the app.

I am not a fan of the brightness/saturation of the audio waveforms when they "invert" ... way, way too bright/saturated. And while you can select the hues/sat/brightness of all sorts of things now, that inversion thing is a pain.

I've readjusted my timeline colors, made the blue more blue less teal, and a bit darker, and the audio green more green less yellow, and a bit darker also. But the inverted part of the waveform ... I would dearly love to turn that brightness and sat down A LOT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad Adobe is having at Premiere Pro, they are modernizing it and as long as they continue the performance upgrades also, then I'm in. It just takes a little adjustment. 

FWIW: Google chrome has recently switched from the "Download Bubble" on to bottom taskbar icon to the Top Download Shelf. I was lamenting the change myself. Temporarily there was an inner 'flag' you could set to get the old feature back, that disappeared and then there was a parameter you could pass when starting chrome. Then that was gone. I noticed the other day, I was looking first at the top, so, I'm used to it now.

Well done Adobe, keep the improvements coming!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm missing something here but I'm paying them for a product with a certain level of speed and functionality. They don't pay me for the time I have to spend on forums and experimenting thier beta versions- that's the QA deprtment job. They just push a version on you and don't worry care about publishing the required information properly. This is a corporate approach that disrespects the customer. How many times have we upgraded to versions with "improvements" without or just a minor benefit to us and discovered that the version is full of bugs?

How many times have people here rolled back versions?

Do you really think you need to spend 100 hours a year to understand what they are pushing next time?

1- The change of the labels does not work as it should in the "new approach".
2- The change was forced upon us without the possibility of preserving the old values.
Does this seem reasonable to you or should they have test it first and users allowed to stay with what they are used to as an option?
that's a basic request. 
And if the whole interface goes pink without any other option- you'll understand it just because they published a post in a blog you follow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only keep one version installed on my main machine, but since I new this change was coming, I took a picture of a timeline in 24.3 and then 24.4.1 when I got it, and they are not that much different:

MyerPj_0-1717272862900.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only one version?

Huh, I never remove prior versions. My current main rig has through 2018, and my old main (now the backup machine) has clear back to CS6 and CC and CC2014. Including ... SpeedGrade!

Yes ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha! 🙂 That's on my main machine. I also have a nearby Tester where I install everything on before I install it on my main machine. I leave versions on the tester.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Takeone.Digital 

Users who prefer the prior Label colors can enable "Classic" in the Label settings/preferences.  The pop-up menu is at the lower right of the dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@R Neil Haugen 

My prior "main machine" goes from CS5 to 2019.  I skippped 2015 and 2017, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the best parts of new label swatches and more that was in beta a few months ago is that you can customize the labels to your preferences. A user was kind enough to make a free label preset that mirrors the classic look here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J8nUVIbwKHVx_17GZZX7R9PA7JcYEn-y/view?usp=drive_link

Like Neil and Warren said, they do have a group of real world editors who they test these features with. Premiere has been rocking the same look for almost a decade now and a change doesn't hurt. With the new Spectrum UI, they can refresh the UI while adding features that editors have asked for a long time. I've been using Premiere since CS4 and have adapted to the changes for the last 16 years without issue. Also not too long ago, they didn't have a public beta until around 2020. I find it odd how some editors are okay with BMD having a public beta with their software but not so much when Adobe doesn't it. This was never a hidden secret as its been in beta for almost 5 months now but I also understand that there are people who don't use the beta unless a feature (i.e. enhance speech or something) comes along that can be useful.

At the end of the day, you don't have to update or leave auto update in the CC app on if you don't want to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most users should check the public beta forum regularly to see what's in development and comment before it gets to the main release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Takeone.Digital I'm sorry you feel this change was forced upon you. As others have mentioned here, we have a freely available public beta version of Premiere Pro where any new changes go live first, often for multiple months, as we refine them and gather feedback. 

You are in full control of when Premiere Pro updates. You can check that auto-update is turned off in the Creative Cloud desktop application (go to the Updates tab and there's a button). If you leave auto-updates off, no updates are forced on you.

You also mention release notes – yes these changes are advertised in our What's New page: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/whats-new.html

If there's anything more you feel we should do I'm happy to take the feedback back to our team. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My auto-update is turned off but that's not the point.
I pay money for a service. Adobe don't pay users to test beta versions, to go through every post you published somewhere on Adobe messy website * and not in the update interface.
Your first responsibility to paying subscribers is not to cause harm. You cause damage in updates time and time again because you don't care.
The most important thing after revenue for corporations is to keep users in the organization's ecosystem. Human detection is activated in Adobe LightRoom automatically in every new mask and clogs the computer and slows down the processing even though no one asked for it designed to show the AI because of competition- it's not designed for our ease or speed. 
If Adobe wants 50-100 hours per year from me to update and test upgrades and changes, it should pay for the time.
Strange requirement, right?
But would you invest 100 hours every year to learn to work on Windows or MS Office or any other software?
Now you see point, -I hope. 
Changing the labels without giving the user the option to choose the configuration he is used to is unacceptable. The right way is to allow those who wanted it, to change the color scheme of the labels.
It's so obvius it strange that it even needs to be explained.
I managed SaaS products DEV teams and with every upgrade none of the users came with complaints. It's a matter of attitude towards your clients- and not everyone is a sheep who belive that Adobe is doing them a favor.
It's not about the labels - its the approach.

(*URL scheme, navigation, inteface- user mission accomplished time tests etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

of course. The responsibility is yours not the developer of the product you are paying for (you are paying, right?). I'm sure you spend hours on Windows and Office forums before every update just to catch up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope. I tried...it's not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. I don't know how to install it. do you have a link/ suggestion/ instractions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@mattchristensenIt's kinda pointless to suggest not to update, when you are forced to sooner rather than later. Especially if Adobe might someday fix other longstanding bugs and annoyances.

Votes

Translate

Translate