Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

On default deselect attributes in 'remove attributes'-function

Participant ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

just a small improvement for the 'remove attributes'-option in Premiere.
By default all attributes are selected when choosing this option. But I find myself often deselecting all those attributes except the one I need to remove. I can not imagine you need to remove all attributes (video AND sound) for a clip in one time (if so, wouldn't the option 'clear' be a better way.)

It already bothered me a bit, but not enough to complain about it. But at the moment I am working for an e-learning programme which has a lot of sequences and clips. Because I made a color correcting mistake I need to remove the Lumetri attributes of a lot of clips in a lot of sequences and replace it with an adjusted one. For every clip I first need to deselect all attributes every time until only Lumetri is selected. This way it takes a lot of time (and patience) to change everything.
I think it could be more efficient.

Thanks,

Itam.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Color , Editing and playback , Effects , Sound , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can Remove Attributes for many clips in one go.

Lasso a bunch of clips > right click > ............

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann,

I know this part, but this only works in one sequence, not multiple ones. Besides that, I still need to deselect the attributes that don't need to be removed by default, which, in my opinion, is not logical and unefficient since you rarely need to remove all attributes. Instead it is more common to remove only one specific attribute. That all attributes are selected by default in the 'remove attributes'-function seems therefore odd to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have not touched motion, opacity or time remapping, you can leave them selected: won't change anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, but still it would be more logical to only have to select the attribute that needs to be removed instead of first deselecting all the ones that don't need to be removed.
Just trying to improve the software, that's all 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I swear older versions used to remeber you last used, removed attributes selections. as in, you remove attributes on one clip, and then select lets say only the effects, then when you remove atributes on the next clip, the only option that was selected would be just the effects. Now, everytime i hit remove attributes, all the options are selected. Please bring back the memory, and stop defaulting every time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can do this, but when your working in a sequence with multiple different shoots and different cameras, in a sequence with tons of clips, lets say you want to change the lumetri effect on all the clips with 2 of the cameras, and the editor who set up the seqeunce didnt have cameras tied to specific video tracks, and they didnt use source settings. Then, you would have to copy the lumetri effect for one of the cameras, and then comb through the timeline, everytime you find that camera, you remove attributes, and have to deselect everything but lumetri, Every Single Time. (to your other point, in my most recent case, I dont know if the previous editor did anything with time remapping or opaticty, so I have to deselect them everytime just incase)

I understand your point that its easy to mass delete all the effects, but in this case, I'm only changing out for 2 particular cameras, do not have an easy way to distinguish between the other cameras, so I need to preserve all the effects already applied to all the other clips in the sequence.

This issue is just really a peeve, because in past verisons, when you would deselect options on remove attributes, the next time you used that function, it would remember the selections you had made.

Votes

Translate

Translate