• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please make CC library colors available in Premiere

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The essential graphics tool is almost useless unless we can use the colors feature of our Creative Cloud Libraries in Premiere. Please enable Libraries Colors in Premiere!
Idea No status
TOPICS
Interoperability or 3rd party tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
32 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean using Capture CC to capture a color palette, saving it to your CC Library, and applying it from the Library panel to Graphics or other media clips in Pr, then that is a request for Pr interoperability with CC Libraries. So I'm moving this request tot he Adobe Interoperability section, but it can be moved back later if it ends up being specific to Graphics somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why on earth isn't this possible? I was really ready to give the Library feature a big try after avoiding it for years. It's half-*** stuff like this that really feeds the hate part of my 20-year love/have relationship with Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other Adobe software I use, AE, ID, PS, all have colors swatches show up in the Library panel. In PP it's grayed out. Madness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I create a new color in Photoshop, for instance, there's an option to add it to the current Library. If I say OK I can go to InDesign or Illustrator or AE and that color is there in the Library palette. Not so in PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's kinda there. I can see it and the RGB color breakdown, but it's greyed out and unusable directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro is now being used for lots of motion graphics projects, especially mogrts, so it is still illogical that the Color Themes in the Libraries is greyed out and unusable, this is really essential in our workflows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I invested a fair bit of time in setting up a colour palette in Adobe colour for my video project. I first used it to create some graphics in illustrator. Fantastic! It feels really efficient workflow and I'm looking forward to using this. But my excitement quickly turned to dismay. I go into Premiere Pro and I cant access it. Why would this vital function be missing? Please fix it soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes! please! i have spent a lot of time setting up motion graphics templates and color libraries for my teams only to have the colors greyed out in Premiere. please fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ASAP please
it works in the other apps
Why not in premiere.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! I've set up a template expecting it to work. Set up a color library with the brand colors. Then discovered the Libraries colors don't work in Premiere. Really Adobe? This is being setup for users who wouldn't know their RGB from CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make the colors available. I have motion graphic templates with color pickers attached that I would love to use with the palette in the library - yet the colors are grayed out.

Why did you gray it out in CC 2017+ - it was a bad move, and seems like an easy fix...if it worked properly in CC 2015.

Just fix it.

A reference to the problem: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9166311#9166311

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixing this would take a software engineer 30 min top to fix....it's so frustrating that the colors in the libraries are grayed out.

Just fix the problem!

A reference to the problem: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9166311#9166311

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't even have the Libraries panel as a drop-down option on this page, that's how much you care. Good grief its just a colour swatch, don't grey it out. What?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this should be such an easy fix. Come on guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to be able to drag a color from the Library panel and have it create a Color Matte (or solid for you after effects folks) within Premiere with no effort. We should also be able to click the color with a color picker for fonts or other elements. With the colors greyed out, it is useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why this was taken out of PPro. You can assign colorpickers in Ae to mogrts, but you can't pick new colors in PPro, why? We need this more than ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you guys need to do is take off they darkening on colors and it'll work for most people

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i do this @paige saunders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if the dimming could be eliminated, it would be smashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that I have to create a graphic with all of the colors from a color pallet on it and save it to a completely separate library for Premiere is Ludicrous. Especially when this functionality was available four years ago. Figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been waiting for the libraries to work again in premiere for a long time. The fact that they touted the ability to share things between their own apps was not the deciding factor to use their products, but was a wonderful tool to be able to keep things consistent with fonts, colors, graphics, and such easily without having to copy the color code and such from another app or text.

not having that feature work is a letdown. I am not sure if they still tout the feature across all apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like a really easy thing to fix...please fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate