• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please make the Export Window SIMPLE Again

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to remove all of the "YouTube", "Vimeo", etc. options from the side?  They are completely useless.  Save that for Premiere Rush or something.

Pro editors know what settings we want for export.  I've made several presets, but I don't understand why each time I go to export a new sequence (not duplicated from another sequence that I haven't already used a preset for) it defaults to 720x480 25fps!  WHY?!  

Even when the dropdown menu says my preset is selected with a checkmark, it still defaults to t0 720x480.  I have to re-select one of my presets to have it switch to it correctly.

I've tried digging deep and removing all of the codecs I don't need or want but it still doesn't work.

Please, please go back to how simple it was not too long ago when Exporting was dead simple and would default to the last used preset no matter what.  I must waste at least 30 minutes combined each day reselecting my preset export settings.

For the next major upgrade, please also make the Project setup window like it used to be, it is so unnecessarily busy now.

Thank you, rant over, for now.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
12 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use CTRL+shift+M: this will take you directly to AME where you can use the old fashioned export window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that is incorrect; it opens Adobe Media Encoder, which is not the same.  I use Compressor instead as I have more control of my settings.

I wish I could still use Quicktime Pro, that was the fastest and easiest way to compress prores to pretty much anything except an mp3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Me, you then get the old export dialog ... which is what Ann is referring to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media Encoder is not the solution, I shouldn't have to open another application that doesn't have the functionality I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you send your timeline to AME and double-click on format or preset, it will open the window

old fashioned.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I assume I have to have ME installed for it to work?

I was kinda hoping to not do that.  It likes to open randomly unless I change all of the various types of video files I receive daily to not "always open with".

I'll give it a shot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, I've never had Me open like that!

And I can't imagine using Premiere without it. Between making ingest/proxy presets, doing "background" exports ... watch folders ... yea, I can't imagine not using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the benefit, although I may be in the minority; I only edit with prores 422HQ and very rarely have to do any ingest presets as all of the rushes I get from production are already in the specs that I want, so all I need is to have my sequence settings set to prores 422HQ and I have minimal rendering other than when I'm doing intense effects work.  I always export as prores 422HQ and use Compressor presets to make my h264 postings.
I don't like to export h264 from Premiere as often I have to make several different size postings of the same edit so I can set that up easily with Compressor.  And if I have to make new postings, I don't have to open up Premiere to do it, I just use my exported quicktime to make those additonal files.
The reason I edit with HQ is because I have very frequent in-person sessions with clients so I need them to see the best quality via SDI 10bit monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, you are lucky! Everything pretty much one format, and a high quality sensible format also! There's a lotta editors wishing they had your gig!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fantastic producer 😉  Ironically, she trained me as an assistant editor 20 years ago!

I'm hoping with in the next updates Adobe will fix these bugs.  Here is a screengrab of what I deal with daily.

Even though my preset is selected when I hit Command-E, the Premiere's default is 720x480 25fps.  I'm in Canada so broadcast is 59.94 but they accept native 23.98 master files.  Why it defaults to 25 is beyond me.

It would seriously save me at least 30 minutes a day not having to double check and reselect my preset!

When you do it through ME, does it remember your last selected preset?

Ridiculous.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would make another export preset in Me ... with everything set as you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I'll give that a go!

Votes

Translate

Translate