• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Needs an Edit Feature that is the Opposite of "Cut"

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full disclosure I'm a novice editor, so I'm still learning about Premiere capabilities -- if something like this already exists, please let me know where to find it! Something I wish Premiere had is the ability to recognize when you've cut a video clip but you want to remove the cut without having to hit "Undo." Suppose I cut a video clip to switch angles but I decide later (after many other edits and far past the point of "Undo") that I don't want to switch angles; I want to keep the angle the same. Sure, I can leave this cut into two clips, but it'd be super useful if I could "stitch" the clips back together (provided there aren't any missing frames from that original source clip). I know you can group clips but that's not exactly the same as the feature I'm looking for. Is there anything else like this that would combine the cut clips back into their original uncut segment without having to pull it from the full video file? Am I crazy to want this feature idk I'm editing a docuseries from 15 different hours-long interviews with long video clips and I find myself wishing for it often shrug emoji

Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Hey there! This is a great idea, and I think we might have a solution for you. If you right click on one of these cut points, you'll see "Join Through Edits" and that will remove the cut. If you're working on a multicam clip and you change angles at the cut, if you change the angle back so both clips are from the same source, you can join the edit.

Screen Shot 2023-04-12 at 1.42.24 PM.png
With that in mind, does your feature request change, or is that what you were looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! This is a great idea, and I think we might have a solution for you. If you right click on one of these cut points, you'll see "Join Through Edits" and that will remove the cut. If you're working on a multicam clip and you change angles at the cut, if you change the angle back so both clips are from the same source, you can join the edit.

Screen Shot 2023-04-12 at 1.42.24 PM.png
With that in mind, does your feature request change, or is that what you were looking for?

Kylee Peña | Sr. Product Marketing Manager - Professional Editorial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also turn on "Show Through Edits" in the Wrench menu found in the Timeline panel, and then you'll see a small pair of arrows around a through edit so you can see where they are.

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 17.20.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to both Kylee and Matt, excellent comments.

Awesome to get staffer comments ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Kylee and Matt this is super helpful! Exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate