• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC: can blue text interface be changed back to yellow?

Enthusiast ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if there's an option in preferences to change the color of the interface text. It used to be yellow and now it's more difficult to see.

I notice the blue text across the entire range of updated programs: AE, PP, Photoshop, etc.

So is it a setting in the cloud itself that would allow me to change the color back to yellow?

If not, not big issue, I'll just have to get used to it. Love the new interface in any case. Much more responsive with no issues.

Thank you, Adobe!

Idea No status Locked

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 337 Replies 337
337 Comments
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea ...  

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS NOT TRON
PLEASE NO MORE BLUE
NO buttons selected blue

I do not like the new blue, stand to be everywhere and is uncomfortable.
Activated buttons do not have to be blue.
Being a long time watching the screen, almost affects how colors persiven.

Contradictorily, it is difficult to locate an some key points.

That is, there are a lot of blue, but at the same time you do not find anything.

THIS IS NOT TROON
PLEASE NO MORE BLUE
NO buttons selected blue

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting here unfortunately doesn't do anything, as these are user-to-user forums of the Support side of Adobe. The product teams and their managers do not come "here".

The people who decide the budgets DO get tabulated results (as I've been told at NAB) from all the bug/feature report forms filed by the users. So ... that is the one place to get your feelings at least read.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

R. Neil Haugen wrote:

Posting here unfortunately doesn't do anything, as these are user-to-user forums of the Support side of Adobe. The product teams and their managers do not come "here".

That's not true. But filing a feature request for something you wan to see is still a good idea.

As for why it hasn't actually happened yet despite many requests and this long thread... see Mark's "Correct Answer" at the very start of this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a perfect example of "If its not broken, don't fix it!"
Bring back the amber highlight colour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jstrawn  wrote

R. Neil Haugen wrote:

That's not true. But filing a feature request for something you wan to see is still a good idea.

By ALL APPEARANCES it does indeed seem to be true.  Despite numerous posts on both this and the AE board, absolutely nothing has changed ... in TWO YEARS!.  I have done both (as have many others), and neither approach seems to make any difference, despite promises to the contrary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hamishl8611368  wrote

This is a perfect example of "If its not broken, don't fix it!"
Bring back the amber highlight colour.

Yep.  That and the same thing along with removal of direct MP4 output is why I have not renewed my CC license in years.  Still waiting Adode.  I predicted things like this would happen (Adobe not caring what their users think) with the subscription model solidly in place.  Why would they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That and the same thing along with removal of direct MP4 output is why I have not renewed my CC license in years.

I've had PrPro continuously since CS6, including all the CC versions. MP4 export has been there in every version ... always. No clue what you're talking about.  Certainly not PrPro ... CC or otherwise. I export to mp4 every day.

I predicted things like this would happen (Adobe not caring what their users think) with the subscription model solidly in place.  Why would they?

Oh, just because of the idiocy of ignoring your customers, and the history that companies that do so become ignored by their customers and go belly up? That still applies, hasn't changed a bit between purchase of a license for a box or for a period of time.

I've read all the things about going to the subscription model "forces the users into serfdom" and prevents them from choosing a different program. Which is of course also a loony fallacy. Any user can at any time choose to run a different program, and cancel their CC subscription. People do all the time. Especially with say Resolve 14 having a "free" version with a now decent basic editing capability.

Still the user-base for PrPro is up from what it was before they went to the "CC" model. Any claim they are completely ignoring their customers ... pretty much dissolves there. You and I may dislike some of the choices made, but ... the larger user-base is working away. Many of them actually pleased with the changes.

Understand, I was one of those who strenuously voiced disagreements with both the switch of highlighted text to blue and the removal of the Direct Link process to take PrPro projects into and back from SpeedGrade with that great one click.

However ... the reality is those of us complaining about the switch to blue were not really that high a percentage of the user-base. So, as the majority of the users were at least willing to work with the blue text, and a smallish minority had a problem with it, I think you could say they went with the majority. I STILL argue for the ability to select the gold ... or perhaps like Audition, the ability to select a lot of the UI 'colors'. Apparently, it's not ... imminent. Sigh.

And the whole dumping of SpeedGrade ... to me, that was not ... wise. At least until they had a full replacement for it, and Lumetri (no matter how much it can do) is not a full replacement for Sg at all. So leaving clients with the choice of Lumetri (which for major or critical projects is too slow), and a full "round trip" process via an EDL to SpeedGrade (and as much experience as I have with that, it's still problematic at best), or an XML out to Resolve, with the probability of needing time spent in the grading app to conform the project and such ... was simply slowing down the work of their clients no matter which option one chooses.

But there weren't that many of us using SpeedGrade on a daily basis, if clearly more than they understood from their analytics. So yes, they survived that decision also. And ... have more users paying for the subscription. So I don't think the greater user base felt completely outraged over that either.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Neil ... I sometimes forget I'm posting in the Premiere forum and not AE, or I forget to mention I am talking about AE.  Not sure which was the case there, but the "blue issue" impacts both programs (and others, as they did it to the entire line of course.) Direct MP4 export was removed from AE. 

I honestly rarely use Premiere as I found a vastly superior alternative in the form of Edius many years ago ... going on more than decade (and a half!) ago.  I alone use Premiere when I have to.  Not saying Premiere is bad, it just pales in comparison to Edius for just about any task I think of, especially multi-cam and real-time speed.

But, in the case of AE, there really is NOT another program I can just jump onboard.  Sure there is Nuke, but it is completely different and I'v spent nearly two decades using (and loving) After Effects.

Appreciate your other points and insight.  Thanks! Completely agree, and is my point, on the color schematic -- why not let the user decide what colors work for them.  I have this ability in great many programs, many of them "small time" compared to the juggernaugt that is Adobe. Also falls under the "ain't broke, don't fix."  I don't remember a single discussion about "those darn yellow keyframes".

-Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't remember a single discussion about "those darn yellow keyframes".

Ha! How in the world did you miss those posts? ...

No, that was one of those Decisions From The Forces On High ... PrPro is simply part of a larger company, and that was a Decree from Ceasar. Or something like that. The poor people on the PrPro team took a lot of heat for it, but realistically, I don't think any of them had a say.

Yea, AE is pretty much the program for much what it does. I looked at Edius once ... different strokes for different folks, you know?  And besides, coming out of a portrait photographers background, having had our own full lab for our own studio and the printing of the works of other picky-sot photographers, I was real into Pretty of my images. By nature, I'm closer to a colorist than and editor. And PrPro had that nifty Direct Link to SpeedGrade. Which I loved ... the link, that is.

I teach and blog some about using Lumetri, and with the Ripple and a full Elements panel. I know it well ... but ... for heavy duty work, I still use Patrick Zadrobilek's little "PrProBCC" app that mods a CC 2017 PrPro project file so I can work it in SpeedGrade 2105.1, then after saving out of Sg, run it back through PrProBCC to mod it back for PrPro 2017. Takes a few seconds each way.

I really dislike the time and effort to EDL to Sg, or a full XML round-trip to Resolve.

And the old gold highlights were certainly easier on my old eyeballs. But ... I survived. Sigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Locking the conversation. Make your feature request known here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moved to the Ideas forum. Kindly upvote!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate