• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview the Color Label Options

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Display small color swatches next to the name of each color label in the context menu. It's not easy to remember the difference between Caribbean and Cerulean!
Idea Under review
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
47 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is very urgent. With all due respect, but nobody is able to imagine colors with fancy names like Caribbean or Cerulean. Sample colors in the menu would save users around the globe millions of hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix is a gimme. Please employ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know why this doesn't have more votes. I like to label my clips to differentiate by speaker, but what we need are just the color swatches, not even the names, and, even better, custom text for each color so I know what the colors refer to as reference when coming back to a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We made extension, where you can easy to change and rename label colors in Premiere Pro! https://exchange.adobe.com/creativecloud.details.104622.color-it-change-label-colors.html?fbclid=IwA...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just thinking of this. Glad others would find it useful as well. This is a simple but time saving change!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to see this! Looks like it's been 2 ½ years since it was suggested. Come on Slowdobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree 100%! This is what it could look like (see image). What are you waiting for Adobe? 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% would LOVE this to happen

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021 still not improve. Thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you go to color code something, you right click it then select “label” and it gives you a list of colors, but there’s no way to see what color you are choosing other than the name. This wastes a lot of time because I am constantly choosing the wrong color because I can’t see what color I’m choosing just the name of it.

Adobe support told me to just go to PREFERENCES>LABELS and then I would be able to reference which color is which but theres no way I am going to do this every time I am color coding.

There should be a color icon next to the name of the color when you right click>label.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is too difficult (since menu appearance is controlled by the OS) then just default to normal color names. Or keep your "fun" names and have a toggle in preferences where we can switch between your names and normal color names. (It's tedious to do it one by one.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some people have suggested getting rid of the names altogether. Doing so is NOT an option since then how can users assign keyboard shortcuts to specific labels? Rather, the colours should have been given 'normal' names from the get-go. The simple addition of colour swatches in the context menu is long overdue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making the right-click menu (it's NOT a contextual menu) more contextual would also help here: Currently, right-clicking on an item in the Project Panel brings up a huge menu, regardless of whether you click on the item's name or the item's label swatch. I suggest that right-clicking on the label swatch should bring up just the label options, exactly like in After Effects. I'm on PPro 22.6.0x32.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks fixed to me now. Clickable colour swatches, customisable names of colours, and of course keyboard shortcuts for them too. Perfect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lflegg Which OS/version are you using? I'm on Windows 10, and have the latest beta of PPro (23.3.0x18) and the labels/menus behave exactly as they always have done, with no colour swatch previews, and no contextual intelligence - nothing's changed. Also, if I select two clips/items with the same label applied, the contextual menu does not show any label at all in the pop-up contextual menu (the list appears, but nothing is ticked).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mac this has not been implemented either.  Not sure what @lflegg is talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also add the label color to icon view please! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please also give adding label color in Icon view some upvotes too! https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/view-label-color-in-icon-view/m-p/13635762

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who posts just "Yes!". Sus, must be a bot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Either that or they are just really really excited about this feature 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate