• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reveal in Finder Timeline Shortcut

Engaged ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can CTRL+click a clip in the timeline and choose Reveal in Finder, but I can't seem to map it as a shortcut. In fact, it appears I can only map as a shortcut Reveal in Finder from a Project or Bin panel. How come? Or am I missing something?

Why I care: I've got several clips in my show that I need to transcode in Media Encoder, I only want to do the ones I'm currently working with, I'd like to find them in the timeline and press one key to reveal them outside the project. As is, I either have to ctrl+click the clip and find Reveal in Finder or make sure the clip is highlighted in the timeline, Match Frame it back to the Source window, Reveal in Project and, only then, Reveal in Finder.

Martin

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot assign that keyboard shortcut on Windows either, in this case to Reveal in Explorer, so it seems to have been forgotten by the team for those that want to use it on clips on the timeline. I was told once that commands that exists in menues are easy for the team to add to the keyboard shortcuts.

Tell them what you want: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Averdahl  wrote

Tell them what you want: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Great idea,

Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please also feel free to post to Premiere Pro User Voice Premiere Pro: Hot (820 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also want a keyboard shortcut for Reveal in Finder to be added to Premiere. It's 2024 and this still seemingly hasn't been done. Come on Adobe, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ben Clayton I moved this thread to the Ideas section, so hopefully it will gain some traction. 🙂

As i wrote earlier, i have been told that commands that exists in menues are easy for the programmers to add to the keyboard shotcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just curious I see an application shortcut in 2024 for reveal in explorer that works from the timeline for a selected clip. But no reveal in finder? The reveal in explorer was in PR2020, but I can't open my copy of 2019 and it wasn't in CS6.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate