• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sky Replacement on Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to all, will we ever see the function "Sky Replacement" video in Premiere Pro, I think that it would be amazing!

Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Effects

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I presume you're talking about an automated process? Which could be quite useful.

Although this has been possible in Premiere for a long time, of course. I've done this a couple ways. Let's say your video is on V1.

Drop a replacement sky on V2.

Then use the mask on that track to fit to sky to the sky area of the image on V1, tracking if/as needed.

Or reverse this. For some this is easier ...

Put your main clip on V2, the 'new' sky on V1

On V2, mask out the sky area, again ... tracking if/as needed.

There's using the Track Matte effect, other ways also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I'm talking about an automated process with different skyies to apply as in Photophop. Also because I use gimbals, but every video has a bit of moving, so it could be amazing if Premiere recognize the movement and replace the sky with right movement of the scene.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2023 Sep 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing that we always need to consider ... a stills app like Photoshop has all of it's capabilities held for the one image being worked at the moment. One image.

Now, there are batch processes, yes. But those still work one image at a time, then move on, and well, if it's a batch of 30 images it may well take quite awhile.

video app is an entirely different beast from the ground up. And I do mean entirely different. They can't just shift a bit of code from stills into a video app, mod it a bit, then apply.

Because video apps have to work with up to several thousand images (frames) at a time. From a whole bunch of different clips.

So getting a similar-appearing effect in video, compared to a stills app, is often a major bit of puzzling out. How to in practical terms, perhaps "mimic" the effect of the stills effect, in such a way that with moving images it looks ok (good enough).

And yet the computer can actually process that effect in real time for playback, along with grabbing all the bits of the other clips on the sequence, doing the decompression/decoding on the various different media types, throwing sizing/speed-ramps, color, and audio effects along with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that Premiere is little different from Photoshop...I work on 50 frames, so I know, but I also use After Effects and there's no problem with track the movement of the image and insert a title or something else...so I think that it would be no problem for Premiere to add a sky replacement with tracking move of the scene.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What we users think would be easy, and what the devs know would be easy, do not often align. I've had it explained to me that even between Ae and Pr there are significant differences.

As I understand it, they build Ae expecting comps will be relatively short. Typically 30 seconds max, as most comps are but a few seconds in length. I know mine fit that 'typical' mold pretty well.

And yet, over that 3-30 seconds, Ae will often bring computers to a screeching halt. Which is why we quite often need to render/pre-render and do other things to get comps and parts of comps cached ready for playback.

So ... is what you want possible? Certainly ... is it likely to appear tomorrow? Um ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate