• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smooth Skin Feature in Premiere Pro (Tracked beauty filters like tiktok, but designed for pros)

Contributor ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tiktok has had beauty filters/smooth skin presets for years now that work really great. There have also been tons of third party plugins that have been very popular for smoothing skin like Cosmo. Davinci Resolve also has skin retouch features, yet Premiere Pro, the most expensive software has NOTHING. If you want to smooth skin and remove blemishes, you have to do it 100% manually every time, or buy a third party plugin. Why?
Can't you license the tech behind the best tiktok beauty filters and give professionals these options? They are pretty amazing. They can literally make you look completely different, so a professional version where it doesn't make you look completely different, but rather it just focuses on smoothing out your skin to remove blemishes/ acne/ imperfections/ wrinkles etc should be VERY easy.

A reminder that tiktoks beauty filters track perfectly with your skin in real time. There's no reason why Premiere can't have this feature as well.

Just like Premiere doesn't have any option for tapping into camera gyroscope data for better stabilizing, even though cameras have had gyro data for almost 4 years now. These are the types of things that should just be included in Premiere Pro as soon as possible, not 4 years later. It's a no-brainer. Help your paying customers want to keep paying by giving them the best, since you are the most expensive option. Please!

Idea No status
TOPICS
Color , Editing and playback , Effects

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
8 Comments
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  This is crazy.  I'm a new paying customer and extremely frustrated that beauty functions are simple and totally included, very easy to find, no plugins needed (as if I would even know how to use plugins), etc. etc. This is possible on Filmora, CapCut, and TikTok.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant to say I'm frustrated that they are *not totally included.  This is THE most important editing function for many people!!  Come on Premiere Pro!!!!!!! Get with the beauty program ASAP, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So until that happens, I'm headed right now over to Filmora, which has these features, and will have to pay there, in addition to paying for Premiere Pro.  And that means that most likely my brand new annual Premiere Pro membership will be worthless.  Not happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unbelievable. i was sure this was built in. absolute no brainer. seems like i am wasting my time and money with this so called "pro" software. what a shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can i get

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 3rd party plugins to do this from within Premiere.  

This is the one I use

https://www.sheffieldsoftworks.com/beauty/mua/index.html

They've been very helpful when I've had any issues or questions.   Not cheap but worth it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for/with/teach pro colorists, mostly based in Resolve. I spend more time in Resolve than Pr because of that ... and am currently running the R19  public beta, working on tutorials for pro colorists using Resolve's newer features and also using Tangent's new "Warp engine" mapping software in Resolve with Tangent panels.

Beauty work is a frequent request these days for colorists, one that some love to do, and that many others ... grumble grumble grumble ... about, though never loud enough the client hears the grumbles. Ha.

I know rather a lot of pro colorists, both Resolve and Baselight based. I don't know any that do much beauty work, that actually use Resolve's built-in tool. A major continuous discussion among colorists is which outside tool they are using for any "X" work in Resolve and what results they get from it. Especially beauty.

But then, all the Resolve colorists I know have at least one extensive, expensive suite of plugins installed. Typically, at least a full Boris, probably also the full Maxon/Red Giant, and some tools from others.

So they spend far more per year for plugins, typically twice, than Pr users do for a full CC subscription. And editors complain about buying a single plug-in here and there. I find that humorous ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Video editing is sometimes using the right tool for the job and every feature added costs money. Premiere has other strengths like easy to use  multi cam that most other apps can't touch.

Votes

Translate

Translate