• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This Action Will Delete Existing Keyframes warning... WHY?

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is there a pop up warning when deleting keyframes in Premiere 'Pro'. Are Pro users not savvy enough to know what they're doing and need a warning EVERY SINGLE TIME we delete keyframes?

There is no warning like this in After Effects. Why in Premiere?

I've requested this be removed since CS5. How does this annoying pop-up still exist?

At least give a preference toggle to turn this off. Seriously.

Over 7 yrs, come on Adobe! Give your Pro users the benefit of the doubt in this 'Pro' application. YES I KNOW I AM DELETING KEYFRAMES.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/801578
Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
29 Comments
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jason Ross, the feature request is to build an option into Premiere to disable this, with the default set to how it behaves now.

No reason to not have it as a feature, as it would eliminate an entirely unnecessary step for those who are aware of what's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jason Ross. It's called Premiere 'Pro'. Pro users know what they're doing.

And if you accidentally delete your keyframes, there's a handy command called undo (cmd/ctrl + z)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!!! this wastes time during projects. and it's a simple fix to make it go away using an external program. They need to make this part of the official program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only is that message a timewaster, but the autokeyframe by default on things loke opacity has been a source of many a frustrations for me.

I set an opacity nr. Then later I change it. Play it back and I wonder why it isn't set where I wanted. So I open it up an goddammit the autokeyframe was on by default so to get rid of it I push the stop watch and that warning mentioned here is thrown right at my face. I never wanted the keyframes in the first place so why did you assume I would, adobe?!

This problem would not be nearly as aggravating if the behavior of keyframes was consistent. Not like now, when autokeyframe is on by default for some values but not others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Johan Malmsten... I agree, the keyframes placed on certain properties make absolutely no sense. Speed, opacity, audio levels. If I want a keyframe, I'll put one there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for an option to disable this. Keyframing in Pr is already clunky (compared to AE), and this is just one more strike. The animation features that exist in Pr are very helpful, but definitely need some help on usability. Giving us one little checkbox to disable this pop-up would be a step in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simple "Don't show this again" would be perfect. Let us that are used this kind of thing NOT see this warning. If others want to keep it, they can do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jason Ross: That's why we're asking for AN OPTION to turn it off. Professional-level software is based on having options, that's why it's professional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us the option to disable this. It seems like such a simple integration to have an option to disable this warning in the preferences. I see them dispensary when turning off keyframing from the auto keyframe feature, no need to stop my workflow to check an unnecessary warning box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the most efficient way I have found to get rid of this warning is to click the stopwatch then click "enter" and go down the line of stopwatches. it's still annoying but it does get the job done faster

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 to have a disable option. Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprised this hasn't been answered. Please Adobe even if the user deletes keyframes accidentally, there is an undo button and history of edits for a reason, even a simple option on the window such as, never remind me again would do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, you're awesome and I luv ya.. but this has to be fixed. We are two decades into the new millennium. Turn off the **** warning already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@adobe never listens to their customers. What makes you think making a request is worth your time? They won't fix it. Just like they've never fixed captions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This. I get so mad at the program everytime it asks me this dumb question. Undermining the user *** ****

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simple little check box saying do not ask again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Jason Ross

Just because you are not professional don't mean the rest have to lower to your hobbyist/noob level right? And the OP isn't asking to make this needless feature disable completely, but an option to not show again.

Even your reason is sound (which is not) your disagreement is senseless.

It's like typing on keyboard and the computer is asking is every letter you type what you want. Yes that might reduce many typo but at what cost?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1. Just add a checkbox to not show the warning and move on. Years of my life back if you do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I strongly DISAGREE. That pop-up window has saved me MANY TIMES. And for those reading at Adobe, this goes to the heart and soul of the culture of the Premiere Pro use community. There are so many of us who are not nearly as advanced as the user who posted this comment. Trust me when I say, we users who are not as advanced are not being less advanced in order to anger users such as him/her who wishes that warning would go away. PLEASE KEEP IT THERE!! I have accidentally deleted keyframes MANY TIMES. That warning truly saved my efforts!! And the efforts of thousands of others who didnt post a response here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please for the love of all that is good in this world, give one person on the team the 10 minute job of adding a bloody "Do not show again" checkbox and calling it a day my god.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUMP - That warning is still disruptive, especially working on entertainment where every shot is animated. We're fine with being able to delete keyframes in After Effects without a warning.

And that effects window shouldn't be limited to the trim bounds hard spend a lot of time resizing that window or re trimming a clip to find previous keyframes (which we should be able to delete without a warning). Thankoooo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a frequent AE user, it's very frustrating to have my work paused because Premiere needs to warn me about something I've done half my life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i agree. we need an option to turn off warnings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today we have v22.5 and still this small feature hasn't been added. We just need a toggle checkbox inside the preferences to disable this warning popup.

Votes

Translate

Translate