• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

14.0.2 won't import .mov anymore "unsupported compression format"

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since update of Premiere 2020 3 days ago to 14.0.2 I cannot open a project (or create a new project) with .mov files that worked 4 days ago in 2020.   Thankfully I still have Premiere 2019 which works fine with them.    Anyone have a solution or similar problem? 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Sorry for the back and forth skipperadam, but thank you for the indepth information and sample clip. As you have noted, 14.2 unfortunately does not have the fix for your supplied clip, but there was a recent fix in 14.3 Beta that should address this clip (it was also verified to address other Zoom clips we have in house). I verified that 14.3 Beta build 19 (latest posted to Creative Cloud) was once again able to successfully import your clip.

(after deleting Media Cache) Please feel free to tr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ann.   Saw that and did it.  No joy.   I removed the 14.0.2 and reinstalled 14.0.1 and I'm back to work.  I'll upgrade again when it's a bit more well done than medium rare. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow up - Just tried 14.0.3 version and, like 14.0.2 before it I get the same error.  I noted that what I think is the importer for .mov files did change (a lot from 2019) and perhaps that's related? 

Error message with file that works in 14.0.1Error message with file that works in 14.0.1Noted much smaller .mov importer than beforeNoted much smaller .mov importer than beforeSame file in version 14.0.1Same file in version 14.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded, installed, then removed 14.0.4 - Same problem as above.   I noted some changes to what I think is the importer but still, only the 14.0.1 version of Premiere Pro CC will import a .mov file.  

AdobeMOVImporter.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Adobe tech support online was not aware of the problem. Sigh......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS - Premiere Pro CC 2020 14.0.1 still works fine.  I fear for the day when I try an upcoming update and the choice for 14.0.1 has scrolled off...then I'm back to 2019 version which, thankfully I kept for just such a circumstance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will wait for a couple of months and hopefully they will sort this out. My tech support agent said he would notify the developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What produced that media? This could be a very useful data bit. I've imported both mov and mp4 from a number of different cameras without issue in 14.0.2, .3, and now .4.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zoom q4n

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We may be on to something.  Zoom Q8 for mine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I would like to get this issue checked. Could you please provide a download link for the sample media file captured using Zoom Q4n or Q8 so that we can test the issue at our end?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a Zoom Q8 file that will not open in Premiere Pro 14.0.4.  Sorry it's large but perhaps that's part of the problem I only record larger files.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/zp3t5lznhpmmsgw/ZO010001.MOV?dl=0

Thanks for anything you can do.  Neither 14.0.1 or Premiere Pro 2019 which I still have fail to open the file.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the file. I will get it checked. I just want to be clear about the version in which this file works properly. Earlier you mentioned that it works in 14.0.1. Is that true or is 14.0.1 also not working? Also, are you experiencing this specifically with the larger files? If so, can you also share a sample media which was captured using the same settings as of the larger media, so that we can use it as a reference?

Thanks for your cooperation.

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet. 

The .mov files that do not work in any Premiere Pro 2020 version after 14.0.1 work just fine in 14.0.1.  I keep installing an update, testing it, removing it and reinstalling 14.0.1 and it works.  I just did this again with the exact file I shared with you and again:

PremierePro 2019 - latest version - file imports correctly

PremierePro 2020 14.0.1 - file imports correctly

PremierePro 2020 14.0.4 - file will not import: "The file has an unsupported compression type"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried a short 15 second .mov file recorded with a Zoom Q8 with the latest firmware and got the same result as the longer file for which you have a link.   It appears no change in the issue in regard to file size of the .mov.

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exported .mov from Camtasia 3 for Mac is also unsupported unlike in 14.01

Media info

Hope you guys find a fix for this in 14.0.2

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 12.28.43 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharkster,

Interesting ... I do a lot of Camtasia on my Win10 machine, latest Camtasia version, to 24fps ... and it comes in perfectly. Wonder what the difference is?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering too.

The import process from Camtasia .mov to Premiere 14.01 on a Mac was seamless until now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue with MOV files from a Zoom Q2n. Following. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

imcarey,

Which version of Premiere are you running, and which build? As in 14.0.4 or whatever specific numbers you have.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just noted and installed another Premiere Pro update though, this one still said 14.0.4.   Again, no change.  The 2019 Premier Pro opens the same file flawlessly.    I believe it's the ImporterQuicktime.prm file.  Note the file size of the two versions.  It's rarely been my experience that improved software gets smaller in size. QuickTimeImporterBad.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed Premiere Pro 14.1.  No change. There was no changes to the ImporterQuicktime.prm so I'm not surprised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does seem to be related to the "flavor" of the .mov file. The file that
will not upload (it's attached earlier in this thread) is a Zoom Q8 camera
file. It will import into Premiere Pro 2019 (13.xx) and up to 14.0.1 of
Premiere Pro 2020 but none later. The latest (14.1) version of Premier Pro
2020 will import a .mov from my iPhone X. (it's also a lot smaller).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to flag this as "unsolved" I never marked it as "complete" despite what it says above.   As you can see I try with each new version and in each of now four updates since this problem was posted the result is the same.  A .mov file, made with a Zoom Q8 that opens fine on either Premiere Pro 14.0.1 or on Media Encoder 14.0 will not open in any update to either application since.    As Premiere Pro 13 seems to open the files fine as well I suspect the problem is ImporterQuicktime.prm which was double the size for Premiere Pro 13 and early versions of Premiere Pro 2020 than that file is now.   The new updates will open a .mov from an iPhone so I suspect testing stopped there.   I'm going to be very unhappy if my renewal of my Creative Cloud subscription payment is taken and the old versions I can still use go away.   I'm happy to work with anyone (and as you can see below) have sent the information to Adobe people already.   This is NOT solved.   Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines