• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you uninstall extensions from Premiere Pro?

Engaged ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Trint this weekend. It was added through the Creative Cloud app from a page on the Adobe Exchange site and showed up inside Premiere. However, it's not what I want and now I can't find a way to uninstall it. It's not showing in the Creative Cloud app or in my add/remove programs in Windows 10.

Their support just sends me to the Adobe help url, which talks about Extension Manager. (From a search in the forums, it looks like this has been retired.) And it appears from the support email I received, they're not sure how to do this either since they said reach out to Adobe if the url doesn't help.

(BTW, another extension I added shows up in my add/remove programs because they use their own installer. It would be easy to uninstall this.)

So can anyone help me with uninstalling this particular extension named Trint? Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Hi Brian!

We don't exactly make it obvious, but you can add/remove extensions from the Adobe Exchange website: Log in, and you should be able to see (and remove) Trint, from within 'My Exchange' (top red bar, all the way to the right).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BNC10,

So can anyone help me with uninstalling this particular extension named Trint? Thanks in advance.

Most extensions, such as Frame.io have dedicated uninstaller software that removes all traces of the extension. As far as Trint goes, I have this: https://support.trint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000427058-Delete-Account Follow their steps to remove all traces of your account (apparently).

I'll make engineering aware of this issue. I think I can get them to chime in.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian!

We don't exactly make it obvious, but you can add/remove extensions from the Adobe Exchange website: Log in, and you should be able to see (and remove) Trint, from within 'My Exchange' (top red bar, all the way to the right).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bbb_999,

Thank you! I just removed it following your instructions. It worked perfectly. Even got notified through the taskbar CC app.

Yes, Adobe needs to make this easier to find. Even Trint didn't know. They just sent me to the outdated Extensions manager website and said if that didn't work to contact Adobe support. Maybe someone needs to tell them

I appreciate all of your help. And Kevin, thank you for passing this onto engineering to get my question answered.

BC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue with GMetrix PP Lita.  I uninstalled the GMetrix SMS Application (I'm on a Windows computer), however the extention still shows up in Premiere.  I went to the Adobe Exchange site like instructed, however the extension does not show up there.  Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Extension Manager CC/EM Store/Premiere/PE4Panel_20190804224843.zxp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This doesn't answer the general question. It just talks about the Trint Extension

I found Extensions in Program Files(x86)/Common Files/Adobe/CEP/Extensions. At least for the Transitions Package I purchased.

Obvious - not really.

Adobe please make life a little more straightforward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines