• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Encoder perfomance

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been getting the same error and system freeze.

Wow.  I called Adobe Customer Care and talked to Krishna today (yes, that was his name).  He remoted in and renamed some Premiere folders and effectively reset the prefs.  Prior to my call, I'd already uninstalled, repaired/cleaned, reinstalled CC and all apps only to continue to get the error when Premiere/Media Encoder is exporting video, freezing up my system and rendering my external drives unmountable until I repair them on a Windows PC.  I told Krishna all this.  But Krishna proceeded to read his script and then renamed some folders and closed my ticket, which was described as: PERFORMANCE LAG DUE TO GPU.  Um....what?

My GPU was never mentioned nor troubleshooted in any way on my call.  Since my issue is intermittent and happens after Premiere/Media Encoder has been exporting video for a while, I won't know immediately whether anything is fixed, but let's just say I have a SLIGHT suspicion that calling Customer Care was a complete waste of time today.  Here is my e-mail I received with the notification that my ticket was CLOSED, and a link to a helpful article about nothing concerning my issue (PLAYBACK PERFORMANCE???!?!?!)

Your Adobe Customer Care Case Is Closed

Dear Hunter,

We’d like to hear from you!

We're always trying to improve and value your feedback.

The survey is available for the next 14 days, so please let us know how we're doing.

Your case is now closed. Your closed case details are as follows:

• Case Number: ADB-________
  • Issue: Performance Lag Due To GPU

We’ve found these self-help articles if you’d like more information about your issue:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-pro/kb/troubleshoot_playback_performance.html  

Contact us any time if you’d like more support or visit Adobe Help Center for self-help, troubleshooting, and learning resources to help you with your Adobe products.

Thanks for working with us,

Adobe Customer Care

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The general phone support staff are just that ... generalists. And not always particularly helpful with Premiere issues.

Product Support manager for the video apps Kevin-Monahan​ always suggests to ask for the "video que" any time you use either chat or phone support. You would get better help.

Now ... Pr is freezing in the middle of an export, and apparently popping an error message?

If you're getting an error message, what it says would be rather helpful, and especially if it includes a time-code. Because ... if there's a time-code mentioned, there's something in the sequence at that point that is causing problems, and you would need to try various things to fix it. Like removing/replacing any effects at that point, or even removing the clip, deleting it from your project, and from the Media Browser panel navigating to that clip on disc and re-importing it.

Note ... for exporting, Pr will need 4-5 times the expected final file size of clear space on the drive you are exporting to.

And please give some general information ... CPU/RAM/GPU/vRAM, the number-dot-number version of Pr you are using, the number, type, and connection for any drives used in your setup, the type of media (and how created ... camera, scree-capture, phone ... ), any notable effects such as Warp Stabilizer in use, that sort of thing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I don't know why the forum "branched" my reply to a new discussion.  The original discussion is found here: Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to resolve an issue with Adobe Creative Cloud

-h

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NoLens  wrote

Thanks. I don't know why the forum "branched" my reply to a new discussion.  

If different posters post in the same thread it is difficult to help each and everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just go and download the Vokoder plugin from Vokoder.org and say goodbye to your worries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines