• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rh2020 - hiding tiles on landing page but having them show up in ToC

Participant ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a frameless output. I have about 10 chapters in the ToC that show up correctly on the landing page. I want to hide a few of them on the landing page but still have them show up in the toc in the left navigation.

Is that possible?

The hide in Toc option in the ToC properties hides it at both places the tiles/landing page as well as the ToC.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

See if the description in the thread Peter mentions above helps you. I put a more detailed description there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I answered the same question in this thread just a short while ago!

Eliminate 1 TOC tile from the SKIN, but keep other... - Adobe Support Community - 12834687

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose it might be possible with a custom css and some advanced css using :nth-of-type.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/:nth-of-type

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently playing around with frameless output and came across the following, which you might want to try. I don't know, to which levels this does apply, though.

I am using the Orange skin.

In the skin, I have the settings Layout - Homepage - Manage Tiles from TOC and Drilldown TOC

In my TOC, I applied tile images to those chapters I want to have a tile for and didn't for the others. 

This resulted in tiles being shown for the topics where there are images, the rest is only shown in the TOC in the left sidebar.

If I get you right, this is exactly what you want.

Kind regards
Karin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link takes you to section of the TOC topic in the RoboHelp Tour that covers what @Karin Albrecht has covered. Tile Image

My apologies for forgetting this new feature.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Karin Albrecht and @Peter Grainge 

I tried removing the tile image for a chapter in the ToC. However, the tile shows up with a blank image. The tile doesnt get hidden.

Also, with conditions when I hide the chapter, the tile gets hidden and also it hides from the left nav/ToC. Is there a way using conditions to show it in the left nav/toc but just hide from the tiles? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if the description in the thread Peter mentions above helps you. I put a more detailed description there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked. Thanks @Karin Albrecht 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp