• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having to guess what keyword is wrong... please can you add a 'reason' note?

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been uploading to Adobe Stock for a week or two now and have lots of images accepted and some downloads, I'm really enjoying the platform overall.

However, I find the 'During our review, we found that it contains certain keyword or title errors' reason for rejection way too vague.

I am slowly learning that even a lot of the keywords SUGGESTED by the platform will end up in rejection (it will suggest both wing and wings, but I have noticed that including the same word twice but pluralised will result in rejection - ditto with American and UK spellings, e.g. watercolour and watercolor).

It would be great if the moderator could have a note section to just tell us which keyword is inappropriate - I end up having to just remove a few, resubmit and try again, because it's often not obvious at all.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suggested keywords are often wrong, and they need to be reviewed, but it's a good start. According to the recommendation for keywords, you should not add plurals, and you should stick to one spelling (basically one language). Take a look at the handbook for information on this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/new-handbook/td-p/13364215.

As it would be sometimes interesting to learn more about why an asset has been refused, moderators have little time to check each asset and refuse on the first error they encounter. Pointing out only one keyword can be as frustrating as pointing out no keyword as the culprit.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trouble with English is that there are two main spellings, and each one can make quite a big difference in search terms.

The UK and the US are divided by a common language!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, we can put it like this: there is English and there is American! They don't understand each other always. But you should also note that there is Indian English too! That's probably the true English because it's spoken potentially by much more people. https://youtu.be/bVOotlaiYhg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that you mentioned it, I should add other varieties to the list:

• NZ English
  • Australian English
  • South African English
  • Canadian English
  • Scots English
  • Irish English
  • Welsh English
  • Singaporean English

And then there are vocabulary differences between, for example - pants; in the US it is one thing and in British another!

But then this is a whole different kettle of fish!

Both forms of spelling should be allowed for keywords! (And I thought it was.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which is why I feel it should be OK to include both spellings, unless the system automatically includes both when one searches fror either... anyway it should be made clear somewhere, because sometimes I put 'watercolour' and it suggests I also add 'watercolor', then I get rejected and remove one and then it goes through...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stick with US English. 

The user's browser will tell the system which English they use (British or US).  There's no need for you to use both because it will appear redundant on the user's end.   Make sense?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Stock Moderators are never going to provide specific detail on any of the rejection reasons. To do so slows the moderation process and adds considerably cost to Adobe. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd argue taking 5 seconds to write the shortest explanation e.g. 'brand name' or even have a selection of reasons that can just hit one of would save time as they have to look over it again when it's resubmitted multiple times otherwise...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an argument that you will lose, refusals are flash fast in such cases.

If you have a serious doubt, write to Contributor Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Abambo is correct. This is an argument that will not go anywhere. The rejection reasons are designed to be a general indication of the issue, but are not and will not be specific and customized toward individual files. It's simply not scalable. The average wait for moderation would be around 6 months to a year with 5 second delays on each rejected asset. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines