• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Concerning images for "little girl" search results

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for a non-profit and was looking for an image of a school-aged little girl to use in a marketing piece. The search pulled up several strange and inappropriate images of children. I'm honestly a bit rattled and hope adobe does something to fix this and protect kids. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 2.08.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-09 at 2.08.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-09 at 2.08.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-09 at 2.08.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-09 at 2.07.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-09 at 2.08.04 PM.png

TOPICS
Asset Quality

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please choose the appropriate topic for your post, choosing all topics brings attention of everyone that monitors those topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My goal is to bring attention to a disturbing issue so I selected several topics (though not all). Hopefully since you are listed as an adobe employee and the only one who has responded, you can notify the appropriate person. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you indicating that everything in your search results are inappropriate? It would be helpful if you could be more specific in your complaint. If you are not comfortable calling them out here you can send me a direct message me with the asset IDs of the images you find inappropriate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A large amount on the first page are. I did not go any further or click on any images because honestly, it made me really sad. A simple search of "little girl" should make it very apparent. I also attached screengrabs. As a mom to 2 small girls, I would be extremely upset if these were being sold. The issue is that images of elementary school and younger girls who are bathing, in certain poses, or not wearing tops could be used for really unfortunate uses. As a reputable and powerful company, I would hope Adobe would take a stand for these children.

*edited to add - apparently the word [shown in this screenshot] is not acceptable, yet having elementary aged girls without their shirts on is acceptable. Girls who are too young to have the choice of whether they want that image plastered all over the internet is acceptable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate department for review.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started