• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which Licence for children's book heavy on photos ebook/print for school & commercial

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there,

I have made some non fiction beginner texts on animals such as turtles that have some full bleed adobe stock images (standard licence tied to my school), with large text boxes on each page to contain the text. I have adapted them in in most cases, but some stand quite unedited as illustration. The cover is not adobe stock and I have standard licences for all AS images. At present they are only used as ebooks for a few teachers to share with their class for educational purposes, I would like to put them on the iPads as ebooks too.

They will be printed as books in under 500 000 copies. I have acknowledged all contributors correctly in the inside cover.  Will I need to buy extended licences for each image that serves as illustration? I am happy to share some shots of it- I would have to say the book would be nowhere near as appealing without the images.

I think the standard licence is ok for use in my small school but have 3 questions

1. - Could someone please confirm standard licence is ok for printed and e books in my school and not for sale,

2. Which licence would I need for each image to sell this book (my school as the seller) as an e book

3. Which licence would I need to sell the printed book (my school as the seller) as a printed book?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Hi Alexandra,

As per your questions above, whichever book you wish to sell should have an extended license for those images used in the book.

For the books which you wish just keep for reference and not sell, for those a standard license is fine.

For more details please see Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock?

Feel free to update the thread for any further queries.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexandra,

As per your questions above, whichever book you wish to sell should have an extended license for those images used in the book.

For the books which you wish just keep for reference and not sell, for those a standard license is fine.

For more details please see Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock?

Feel free to update the thread for any further queries.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sheena,

I now understand that I need the extended licence to use the images.

My next question is

1. should my school (which is just a primary school not a huge corporation)  be licensing them as an enterprise or as the designer is it ok for me to licence them on behalf of them? They do not currently have an account.

2. Is it the same cost for an enterprise to purchase an extended image licence?

Thanks you so much!

Allie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Allie,

You can license on their behalf. They should, however, acknowledge the license terms to you.

The price is the same.

The difference between an enterprise account and an individual account is the number of people that can access the licensed images. The basics of the license terms and the price of the images is the same.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great thank you for the reply,

How would the school "acknowledge the licence terms to me"?

Thanks

Allie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See this thread: How to transfer stock license

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started