• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't post reply: Spurious error "Post flooding detected"

LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

I got this error when I tried to post a reply - I certainly haven't tried to post it more than once!

johnrellis_0-1622687533890.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me occasionally, usually when the first attempt to post has failed.

I've found that making a small change to the post, like adding a space at the end of a paragraph, will let me post without having to wait 6 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I did try changing several words in the post but still got the same error message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah me too, having that exact same issue.

I tried ending the post with different variations and still get this random error.

I appreciuate trying to cut down on spam, but come on, the people that set these measures up don’t use these forums. Shoddy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And again:

johnrellis_0-1632083894562.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I met same flooding detection when using restricted word: Red spots in photos when I export

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When that happens to me, I copy my reply with Cmd/Ctrl+C and hit F5 or Ctrl+R to refresh my browser which usually clears the errors. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried signing out, quitting the browser and restarting, to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which browser?

Did you try using a different browser that accepts cookies and does not have ANY script blockers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was just Chrome, and I don't haven't installed any script blockers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happened several times since, most recently just now. Switching from Chrome to Firefox didn't help, but then switching to Safari and changing about 20 words let me post the reply.

(Just documenting this for reference by Adobe if they ever decide to take this bug seriously.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And again just now. Switching from Chrome to Safari and changing 6 words didn't help. I switched to Firefox and changed a couple dozen words, and it succeeded.

Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And again just now. I tried changing half a dozen words and switching from Chrome to Firefox, then to Safari, to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yet again.  I changed at least 25 words in a longish post before trying in Safari after it failed in Chrome, but it didn't work.

If this keeps up, I'll stop contributing to the LR forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, making small changes to post might have worked few days back; however, this is no more working. I am facing the same error, please add your valuable remarks to get this problem resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Twelve hours later and I still can't post the reply from yesterday, after adding a new paragraph and swithing to another browser.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I can't repeat the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS, anti-virus and firewall do you have?

You might test with a friend's web device from another internet connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 11.3.1, with no firewalls or anti-malware installed.   Chrome, Firefox, Safari.

It's intermittent (as it is with the other two who have posted here), so unless I can predict when it will happen with strong likelihood, testing with another connection for an hour or two won't indicate much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 11.3.1, with no firewalls or anti-malware installed. 

==========

@johnrellis 

You like to live dangerously, don't you? 

Maybe, just maybe, your computer is infected with malware. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I live like the overwhelming majority of Mac users who don't install third-party anti-malware and firewalls.  Maybe Per Bernsten and sage5EE4 are also infected with malware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 10, with no third party protection. It appears that the built-in firewall, anti-virus and -malware  are doing a good job – in the 18 months that I've been on Windows 10, there have been no reports of any malware or virus, and the computer has performed flawlessly.

I haven't had the post flooding issue for some time now, but I 'm pretty sure that it's caused by an (intermittent?) bug in the forum software. And/or, it only happens on some computers for some unknown reason. For the record, I use the Opera browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it happened again just now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I've only made a single post in on the Adobe forums so I'm not quite sure why it's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines