• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to see my Reply added to a Post

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still trying to solve this difficulty; gaining no replies; it appears I can Post, but cannot Reply –– Calling all Moderators !

– – –

At a post, I hit Reply.

Type my comment.

Hit Post.

My reply does not show as a new reply.  Did a Refresh, Sign Out, etc.  Nor does it appear in 'My follows', though other new Replies do show there. 

What am I overlooking?

TOPICS
Community Information , General Feedback , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

I happily report the [unbelievable] news of a Correct Answer.  (All in a week's work, as the saying goes.)

Here was the key:

wrote:
But I wonder: You can post all these things here. Maybe your problems has to do with a part of your content???

That got me plugging in here, test after test (as seen in the following endless litany of test Replies from me).  I'd been reluctant to 'dirty' this discussion by doing so.  But, oh, the value of a workbench.  And here's what it came down to – believe it o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ITALICS IS THE VILLAIN

oss How can I create a slider?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oftware expression, have a look at my Play Your Part - As Seen on TV. The only troubling deficiency is initialization of the file. It is necessary to first, stepping manually, traverse all the pages, to activate each RMA for any potential triggering. Once stepped-through that way, everything works as required.

Even Bob Levine finds the document impressive. As for an alternative solution, he pointed only to in5, for insuring ‘content that is pixel-perfect’ [not –– we need note –– dimensionally-perfect], and thus assuring spatial registration [but! –– devoid of temporal registration]. And Acrobat’s present, minimal support of native players, underscores said shortcoming.

I heartily advocate networks for such as addressing a public-health crisis, distribution and exchange of fixed, unchanging data [e.g. daily bank statement], and presentation of singular user-managed temporal expression [e.g. Netflix, Youtube, ABC Sports]. But for management of multiple temporal expressions [e.g. school students, as separate Zoom participants, together reciting The Pledge of Allegiance], networks are intrinsically flawed.

– – –

** To wit, here’s a well-intended illustration, of some amusement.

Two days ago, I was looking into PDF slide controls, having naught to do with media presentation, and came across How can I create a slider?.

There, Thom refers the reader to one of your posts, and provides the URL. 

Recognizing your name, I eagerly went to see what you had to say.

I was taken to a page titled “Adobe Blog: Page not found”, at this link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I happily report the [unbelievable] news of a Correct Answer.  (All in a week's work, as the saying goes.)

Here was the key:

wrote:
But I wonder: You can post all these things here. Maybe your problems has to do with a part of your content???

That got me plugging in here, test after test (as seen in the following endless litany of test Replies from me).  I'd been reluctant to 'dirty' this discussion by doing so.  But, oh, the value of a workbench.  And here's what it came down to – believe it or not:

I had a draft, including links, including italic text [successful final Post found here].  The draft sat in Apple's TextEdit app, RTF formatted.  Copy from TextEdit, Paste in Forum worked fine, as you would expect.  Except for ONE thing.

The finding is, that buggy appearance of posting behavior, may be entirely attributable to buggy content in the Post.  I may not have every detail correct, but it's along these lines.  That ONE thing, was –– a link embedded in a character string –– that is written in italics !!!  Can you believe it?  In fact, it's even more obscure: "So long as that string is the output of Apple's TextEdit.app."

Solution?  Opened the draft in LibreOffice Writer.  Didn't change a thing.  Didn't delete, then reinstate, failing links, etc.  Copy from LibreOffice, Paste in Forum.  I'm omitting some detail, but that's the gist.

I guess the moral of the story is –– for critical writing matters, Apple's not your go-to provider.  Reminds me of all the confusion in the Acrobat Forum, around folks who think of Apple's Preview.app as a PDF document composer, editor, and configuration program.  It is but a primitive image manipulation mechanism.

I thank all of you for your patient and generous assistance.  I see that, 18 minutes ago,  is right on target with what I just rattled on about.  And hey,  , sorry about hijacking your picture along the way.  I admired your remedy!

Cheers,

BR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thought.

If you're writing long responses in something like Word and then pasting into the forum, it's possible some behind the scenes Word code is causing the problem.

If that's the case the only suggestion I have is to write in Notepad and add formatting, images and links after pasting the plain text in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right you are.  I saw your comment just now, while describing my finding.

Now, I had basically done just that; adding links after pasting stuff in the forum, and so on.  But as a precaution, I always 

then paste into a text repository of some sort, before hitting Post, cuz just in case, y'know?

Well, after the initial failure [of some unknown contaminant], all bets were off.  Cuz from then on, there was scant 'original composition' taking place in forum.

And, donchaknow, I'm ready to swear it all comes down to the italics.  All else cleanly transferred, and functioned.  In fact, I'll bet it could be reproduced.

Now, beyond that, lies the question of, "Jeesh, the forum oughta' be together enough to filter out dirty Word.app code, and wayward somehow-dirtified italics, right?"  Or, at the very least, not issue a "correct the so-called 'highlighted errors' and try again" over a problem of 'Post flooding'.  I mean, didn't you just say, "try again"?

Thanks again, for your contributions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Meant to add –– a BIG-time FWIW:

This is downright amusing, @Amebr.  20 minutes ago, when I sent off that self-described 'Correct Answer' –– this takes the cake.

I am certain that I wrote that fully and entirely in this here forum composition window.  I confirm via Console that I had no text manipulation program of any sort operating during the composition.  I dint copy/paste nuttin.

When I was done, hit Post.  Watched the buttons gray – they did.  Watched browser progress bar transit – it did.  And WHAM – way too briefly.  Bounced me back to here.  No posting.  No change of forum page.  IT DID NOT TAKE.

So I real quick selects all and copies and pastes into a new Libre document cuz just in case, y'know?

The.e.e.e.e.n...  I copies from Libre, and pastes all [unaltered] back into forum.  Hit Post.  Then watched proper sequence of events execute.

Just so y'know.  Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines