• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Figure out where a specific font is used in a PDF

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I know how to see which fonts are used in a PDF document (File > Properties > Font tab), but what I don't know how to do (and need to do) is figure out where a specific font is used in a document. For instance, I see within my fonts list "Helvetica," which I know is not supposed to be in my document anywhere. I'm looking at a 200-page book. How can I find the place(s) where Helvetica is incorrectly used, so I can change the font in those places?

(Note: if all the other fonts were very un-Helvetica-like, I could simply see the wrong font, but because there are similar fonts used, and there are weird formats, I cannot eyeball this.)

Thank you!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

You must use the Preflight tool, into the Print Production tools as shown below:

You can also "Create Report" and use the Options menu to "Browse Internal PDF Structure" or to "Browse Internal Font Structure".

Capture_035.png

Capture_037.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no font search feature in Acrobat that I know of, however, you may try opening your PDF in Illustrator, which does have a find font tool. It won't find type that has been outlined* or rasterized.

*Acrobat has an OCR tool to recognize and convert outlined type back to live type, which can then be searched in Illustrator.

Here is a link to a related discussion:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/is-there-a-way-i-can-find-the-location-of-certain-fonts-in-pd...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must use the Preflight tool, into the Print Production tools as shown below:

You can also "Create Report" and use the Options menu to "Browse Internal PDF Structure" or to "Browse Internal Font Structure".

Capture_035.png

Capture_037.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The report:

Capture_039.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines