• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects low memory warning 24.1!

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects is constantly giving me the low memory warning, I have a Mac M1 with 64 gigs of RAM.  After Effects has always been a memory hog but this is ridiculous! I am using Particular, maybe this is contributing to the issue.  I clear the cache constantly, but still do not have memory cleared up for previewing. So, seeing the green lines to show, cached frames is not accurate, sometimes these do not show and do not update. 

I also get warnings at launch that my cashe does not have enough space, but there is enough space, I have 90 gigs of cash allocated and I have 150 gigs available on my hard drive. Why does this keep happening? 

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Performance , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

If you're able, download the AE 24.3 beta and see if that helps with the memory warnings you have been seeing. There are a series of memory fixes in 24.3 that should assist with this area. 

For the disk cache, check the path that is shown in Preferences -> Media & Disk Cache and see if there are other versions of AE also in that folder. Older versions of the disk cache are added to the calculation so that if you are using multiple versions of AE, AE isn't trying to use 90GB per version. 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
10 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're able, download the AE 24.3 beta and see if that helps with the memory warnings you have been seeing. There are a series of memory fixes in 24.3 that should assist with this area. 

For the disk cache, check the path that is shown in Preferences -> Media & Disk Cache and see if there are other versions of AE also in that folder. Older versions of the disk cache are added to the calculation so that if you are using multiple versions of AE, AE isn't trying to use 90GB per version. 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, will try the beta version, I have done the above and cleared the cache out manually many times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to the latest and still no change! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is AE such a memory hog? I thought this Beta was supposed to help.

Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 4.29.06 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this all the time! (see image) I have cleared the cache, 90GB set for cache, I have 200GB of space on my hard drive. There is only 5Gb of cache being used,  why is After Effects so screwed up??

Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 12.55.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you temporarily run After Effects with all third-party effects disabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue in 23.2.1 and in the Beta version. I don't have any 3rd party plug-ins installed.  I'm running a brand new machine with basically nothing on it beside Ae, PS and Blender.  It's becoming impossible to get any work done with all the purging of RAM, restarting Ae and restarting my computer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correction. I meant to say Ae version 24.2.1.   Not 23.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to happen with any temporal effect. After Effects cannot deal with temporal affects, and I believe it's it's auto rendering of frames that is partly causing the problem, I have a pre-compted comp, and all those comps are rendering and storing the frames using up all the RAM. AE is very outdated app that Adobe has not paid attention to fixing in a very long time instead, just adding features to entice users to pay their subscription fee.

Try using the cloner, cloning frame, one to frame two, frame two to frame three, and so on, and after about 15 frames, it basically dies. I am using Trapcode Particular and it is unusable, or other temporal Effects.

I think if they allowed us to be able to turn off the caching of frames it would help but they don't seem to give a sh*t about this, it has been an issue for over 5 years. Absolute crap outdated code that needs to be redone!.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have a similar error with rotobrush. I try to preview, but it doesnt let me do it. It stops and start from the frame the program couldn't continue. So i just have a part of it rendered. 

Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 14.34.59.png

Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 14.52.53.png

And when I try to render the comp. The video shows this message:

Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 14.54.45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate