• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't access an older version of After Effects.

New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on some afeter effects file at on a more up to date computer. I have travelled to my second computer, an OS High Sierra. The after effetc files in the creative clpoud are greyed out, plus I cannopt find even an old copy of AfterEffects. I was working on this computer a month ago, in aftereffects... now all disappeared. 

I have work to do on it, and in the past this has been seemless. Any suggestions as to how I can:

Get a copy of After Effects that opens on this computer.

Carry on working on the files ( probably created in 23.1... but I'm not sure (as I can't open them!))

Thanks

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're unable to find an old copy of After Effects on your OS High Sierra computer and the files in Creative Cloud are greyed out, there are a few things you can try:

1. Check your Creative Cloud account: Make sure that your subscription is active and that the correct Adobe ID is logged in on your High Sierra computer. If the files are still greyed out, try signing out and back in again.

2. Download an older version of After Effects: If you suspect that the files were created in an older version of After Effects, you can try downloading an older version that's compatible with your OS High Sierra computer. Go to the Creative Cloud app, find After Effects, and click the "Install" button. From there, you should see a dropdown menu that allows you to choose an older version to download.

3. Check your file format: Make sure that the files you're trying to open are in a format that's compatible with After Effects. If they're in an unsupported format, you may need to convert them before you can open them in After Effects.

4. Contact Adobe Support: If none of these solutions work, you can contact Adobe Support for further assistance. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and find a solution that works for your specific situation.

Remember to always back up your files to prevent loss in case of technical issues or data corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Sam. I have done all of what you suggested already.

1:I've logged in and out. 

2: The older version of After effects don't exist in my version.

3: These are all aep files. They opened before. 

4: Spent a. long time with Adobe Support, who were helpful, bit unable to offer a solution. 

Thanks for you rely. 

Votes

Translate

Translate