• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Composition render hanging if any light is used

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to resolve a render hang on a composition within a project. All other compositions seem to go render out fine, this one hangs whether it’s media encoder or render queue – there is simply no progress – you hit go and nothing happens except the elapsed counter ticking away.

Nothing awkward in the comp, one layer had particular but was switched off and I’ve deleted it. No footage, all solid layers with masks, couple of lights and a camera. Things I’ve tried – copying layers to a new comp, purge memory and disk cache, disable layer cache, ignore render errors, video rendering mercury software only, renderer Mercury only. The comp always fails to render if there is a light used, spot or point.Untitled-1.jpg

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Compositing and VFX , Crash , Dynamic link

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you actually removed the Particular layer instead of just hiding it? Hard to make sense of your screenshot with the layers not being properly named and no properties revealed. Even when inactive the effect could be looking for the light, be it to use it as an emitter or just to calculate the shading. Aside from that what happens if you simpyl copy & paste everything to a new comp?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for response. I've copied everything over to a new comp, particular and the effect are gone as are all extraneous layers. There are five solid layers forming a "box" and each layer is a resolution of 3840x930 (the resolution of the comp.) so I'm wondering if this resolution was problematic to a render. I will add that without the light the comp renders just fine and at quite some speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate