Exit

HELP ! My After Effects Project won't open anymore --> I need Admin support

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

as it seems, my file is corrupt.

I tried all possibilities (capslock, importing to new project, remove files). I have no autosaved file !

I need an Adobe Admin to open my project into "special" AE bulid and then send me back the file.

Could you please do that for me ?! I will send the file via the privat message.

Thanx in advance

Serge

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Crash , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Hi @serge-m,

Sorry to see you are experiencing this issue. I don't know of any "special" After Effects build that can open corrupted project files, but we can certainly take a look and see what may have gotten corrupted within the project file. When you can, please send me the project file along in a private message here on the forum.

Thanks for reporting this issue and for any further information you can provide, 

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
6 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @serge-m,

Sorry to see you are experiencing this issue. I don't know of any "special" After Effects build that can open corrupted project files, but we can certainly take a look and see what may have gotten corrupted within the project file. When you can, please send me the project file along in a private message here on the forum.

Thanks for reporting this issue and for any further information you can provide, 

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

thank you for responding my issue.

I'll send you the link to the file in your private message.

Best

Serge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the solution, and I don't know if you've tried this specifically, but it worked for me to move all the files that were inside the project (which could cause problems, in my case an imported premiere sequence). Then the project let me open it and I relinked everything except the sequence that was giving me problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

thanx for the reply.

I've tried that. Moving all the files to a different location lets AE search for them without loading them and sometimes it helps in such cases. But it seems, its a Composition itself, that was created in AE that causes the problem. I can see that in the Info window, when AE launches the project. Even, if I import this corrupted file in a new AE project, it also fails...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ?

Adobe Support ?

Are you still there ?

Heard nothing about you since the 20th of March...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Adobe Crew,
it's ok if you can't help me with this problem, but it would be nice if you at least said that there's nothing you can do about it, instead of being so quiet...

Votes

Translate

Translate