• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator objects get named "Artwork 1" regardless of name in Library

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I produce a lot of infographic objects in Illustrator, that I later on use for animations in After Effects. 

I do have a workflow issue that is when I drag my vector objects from AI to Library, I always name. But when I drag them in to AE, these names are always overwritten with the generic name "Artwork 1" (see attached images).

Am I doing something wrong, or is it something I can address?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Import and export , Workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Hi @Fredrik21920820qsz1,

This issue has been fixed in the most recent 23.3 release of After Effects. Please let us know if you continue to experience this problem after updating to that version.

Cheers,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team  

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably more an issue with the CC Libraries and potentially how your artboards are named in AI. Since your screenshots are cropped and tiny they are kind of useless to make any proper assessment and you haven't provided any specifics about your naming conventions, system info and so on, either. Of course there's also the question of why you even use the CC Library when you seem to be working localyl and could just import the saved AI file...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Fredrik21920820qsz1,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We are able to reproduce it as well and will communicate the issue to the team working on CC Libraries.

Thanks again,

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, you are correct. It is more of an issue with CC Libraries than anything else. 

The names of the objects does in no way correlates with the names of the artboards. They are simply grouped shapes made into an object sent to Libraries, bescause that is all I need from Illustrator. 

I see no reason why you would question why I use libraries at all?! Foremost I use Libraries (and Creative Cloud) for creating project specific libraries of objects in several Adobe media formats to collaborate with. Second of all, we are a team that collaborates, which kind of speaks for itself. Third, I personally work on 2 separate workstations on 2 different geographical locations, hence the libraries and creative cloud is a great advantage over anything. Basically, I use CC Libraries and Creative Cloud for what it's designed to do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Fredrik21920820qsz1,

This issue has been fixed in the most recent 23.3 release of After Effects. Please let us know if you continue to experience this problem after updating to that version.

Cheers,

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate