• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Output module to EXR DWAB doesn't remember "Use Comp Frame Number" setting

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're using a lot of output template for every delivery: somehow in the last weeks the output for EXR with DWAB compression stopped remebering that we want the "Use Comp Frame Number" setting always ticked on. The setting is remembered on other image-based output seetings, such as PNG, EXR with PIZ compression, and others.
We tried to change the setting from various angles, but at any quit of After Effects the software doesn't remember it. This happens on both PC and MAC with M2.

We're all using AE 23.3.0
We use MacOs 12.4 and Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Thanks!

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Import and export , Troubleshooting , Workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to repro it, I think based on your description, but it's not reproducing for me. Let me know if I'm in the right place, checking the wrong thing? 

jenkmeister_0-1681919419783.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is the correct place. The only thing different is that we toogle preserve RGB in the color output module. So yeah, we set up a template and everything works correctly, but when After Effects is closed and opened again, the toggle for Use Comp frame Number is unticked. I just checked with a third colleague, and apparently on his machine this doesn't happen, even though his (Windows) machine has the same specific of the aforementioned Windows. Is there any more information i could/should provide you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Output module templates are stored in C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\{version}\Adobe After Effects 23.5 Prefs-indep-output.txt

Perhaps you could save a copy of it, then make the template change, save and quit AE and then see if the updated version is different or the same? Or post them back here and we can take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help. So I saved three files, but they don't seem to have any differences:

_toggled is the file generated when i save the templates correctly and i do not quit AE
_toggled_afterquitting is the same but after quitting and restarting AE
_untoggled is a new template without the use comp frame number toggled
Here are the three files.

Votes

Translate

Translate