Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Roto brush turning into paint brush no matter what I do

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm having an issue wherein my rotobrush turns into a paint brush the second I lay down a stroke. I have tried resetting my preferences and the bug just starts over again when I start a new project/or reopen my old one. I've included a screen recording of the issue. Unable to finish projects while this is happening - Please let me know what I am doing wrong here. 

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Performance , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Hi @megand90046487,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Sorry to see this is affecting your usage of Roto Brush 2. We aren't able to reproduce the same issue on our machines here with a new project and test footage. Would you be able to share a project with us that is exhibiting the issue? Footage should not be required.

I do note that the Paint palette shows the current color as red while drawing with the Roto Brush tool appears to draw black or possibly erase the layer. Do other tools in the

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what I do every time I use the Rotobrush it turns into a regular paint brush. It was working then it just stopped I have tried over 20 times and it keeps switching from rotobrush to paintbrush. The brush indicator is green but once I click to draw in my rotobrush mark it changes to a white brush indicator and starts a paintbrush. I don't understand because it was working before. Please help me ASAP I've been at it all day and I can't finish my project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the roto brush and the brush are 2 different tools, so how did this happen, are you sure you're not using any shortcut or so?

can you post a screencast explaining this issue better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @King Chief,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Seconding @OussK, could you please post a screen recording of the issue as it is occurring?

Thanks for reporting this issue and for any further information you can provide,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @megand90046487,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Sorry to see this is affecting your usage of Roto Brush 2. We aren't able to reproduce the same issue on our machines here with a new project and test footage. Would you be able to share a project with us that is exhibiting the issue? Footage should not be required.

I do note that the Paint palette shows the current color as red while drawing with the Roto Brush tool appears to draw black or possibly erase the layer. Do other tools in the toolbar, e.g. the Puppet tool, behave as expected or do they also trigger another tool's behavior? And did this behavior begin with a recent update of After Effects or has it happened for some time?

Thanks for reporting this issue and for any further information you can provide,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John, 

Yes this is a bizarre glitch that I cannot find an answer for or another example of it happening anywhere. I can send a project yes - how would I do that? I believe this issue MAY have activated with the update - as it had been working well for about 2 weeks before.

And to answer your question yes it looks like all the tools are doing the same thing - the puppet tool triggered the same black strokes.

Please let me know how to send in a project and I will do that ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate