• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3d Camera Tracker Error 'unable to obtain dynamiclink server connection' (After Effects 23.x)

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3d Camera Tracker Error 'unable to obtain dynamiclink server connection'. I have re-installed and updated to the latest release. Please note I do not use dynamic link ever! 2017 Imac Monterey Vers 12.6 64GB Ram, Radeon Pro 580 8 GB. Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated. My productivity vs cost of Adobe subscription has been seriously compromised this year. Rich.

Title edited by Mod. to include After Effects version

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Hi everyone, I had a meeting today with Sean and Jamie from Adobe. They had me enable logging, and run the tracker again. This time after my crash and "unable to to obtain dynamiclink server connection" error, we saw that a .dll in my MediaCore folder from 3rd party developer KeenTools had caused the crash. I uninstalled the plugin, wiped the KeenTools folder, and my problem was solved! 

This was after uninstalling adobe, running the cleaner tool, launching in safe mode, etc. Somehow the plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Hi, had the same problem with the last versions of AE (and AE Beta) with warp stabilizer, I updated mac OS and when started up again in AE, the problem was gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @borgNZ 

Congrats to You! 

But unfortunetelny it doesn't work on my mac... I did exact same thing You did, the hole process but the problem persist 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am posting this again, as there is not a shred of answer to nor attention for this -in my case- huuuuge problem.

I cannot get the 3D tracker to work in AE version 23.1

When 'Analyzing'  should start, after ten seconds the above mentioned popup appears, together with a crash report window, but AE doesn't shut down.

My exact Windows version is Edition Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H2 OS build 19044.2364
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0. I will always be asked to give this info, but I am pretty sure no-one is going to do anything with it. Anyway, this problem is persisting, nobody can help and I see large amounts of money and large numbers of clients flying away because I can not track a simple shot at the moment. Amazingly frustrating.

Anyone with a real answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im not sure why youre having problems in 23 with it, but as a workaround can you do it on the 22 version until you get it solved? At least so youre still able to take the jobs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using After Effects beta and AE2023 on Imac 

3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Monterey OS 

128 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Memory usage for allocated as 116GB (Screen shot attached)

while camera tracking showing this error message 

"Unable to obatain dynamiclink server connection",

Appreciate your advise to solve this

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you solve this? Can you solve this please share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Delete everything called KeenTools/Geotracker if you've got any and it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3D Camera Tracker not working! What's wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

without more information no one can help you, so what is your AE release? OS? Is it a project-based issue or a general issue? send some screenshots...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not provided any system info, details about your project, version of AE you are using and so on. Just saying that the tracker doesn't work is not in any way useful. You need to do much better and provide all the details before anyone can even guess.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. Here are the details:

Attempted a routine 3D camera track on some 4K footage

Error message pops up while attempting to initialize: "unable to obtain dynamic link server connection"

After Effects 22.6

Mac Studio 2022

Apple M1 Ultra (CPU/GPU)

128 GB RAM

Mac OS 12.6 Monterey

This was all working fine 3-4 weeks ago on this exact setup. Many hours of Warp Stabilization and 3D Camera tracking, no hiccups. 

No notable changes to my hardware or software.

Firewall: Off (as before)

After Effects has Full Disk Access (as before)

After Effects has access to Files and Folders (as before)

After Effects user since 1997

These are the steps I've taken to correct the issue. None have succeeded:

0. Restarted/power cycled computer multiple times

1. Created new project from scratch

2. Attempted 3D track in AE 23.1

3. Attempted 3D track on two other clips

4. Signed in and out of Adobe Creative Cloud

5. Stopped various processes in the Activity monitor and renamed various folders related to Dynamic Linking

6. Moved all preference files for AE 22.6 and 23.1 (generating new ones upon relaunch)

7. In AE reduced RAM for other applications to 12 GB (the lowest it will go)

8. Turned off multi-frame rendering in AE

9. Switched from GPU to CPU Video Rendering

10. Removed Dropbox and Lucid cloud drive from startup items

11. Un-installed JDownloader (I'd installed it a few weeks ago).

12. Followed the instructions (backing up log files) and ran Adobe CC Cleaner tool (removing ALL of my Adobe apps and associated files)

13. Reinstalled Creative Cloud App, AE 23.1 and Media Encoder 23.1 ONLY (No third-party plugins installed)

14. Attempts to use Dynamic Link between AE and Media Encoder fail. Media Encoder hangs up when attempting to render a simple AE comp "Connecting to Dynamic Link Server."

15. Created a new user account and attempted track. Same error

16. Updated Mac OS to Monterey 12.6.2

As a last resort I:

Wiped a spare external SSD

Performed a clean install of MacOS Monterey

Installed After Effects 23.1 (which also installs the Abobe CC app and Media Encoder)

Finally, on this totally clean install, I was able to do this 3D camera track. 

Thoughts? Is there any process I should be looking for in the Activity Monitor that would indicate some conflict that prevents the Dynamic Link Sever from initializing? When invoking an item that uses Dynamic Linking I do see a process called "dynamiclinkmanager" using 0.3% of my CPU in the Activity Monitor.

BTW, the above is a copy and paste of a thread I posted on January 3rd that garnered zero replies.

To this I'll add that I ran the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool again earlier today and moved every cache and preference file that contained the word "Adobe" out of my user/Library. No luck.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing this issue over and over and over again. It obviously has something to do with OS versions and, ofcourse, AE programmers have been 'fixing' things that worked flawless for years, invoking new problems that will cost me several thousand dollars worth assignments that I cannot do now.

There must have been some idiotic security fix in AE in relation to the so-called 'Analysis server' that everyone forgot to mention, which is now killing my business. Very, very sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Lewiz. Nice to see somebody replying, even if it's someone in the same boat as I. Continued silence from Adobe and the usual experts, despite the excruciatingly detailed description of my troubleshooting. I, too, have lost the equivalent of over $1000 in client hours trying to fix this. At least I had an aging-but-decent HP workstation to which I could move this work, though it's not nearly as fast as my Mac Studio. I'm now in the process of backing up my system drive which I'll be completely wiping and reinstalling everything I use from scratch. Applications, plugins, email, etc. Awesome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3d Camera Tracker Error 'unable to obtain dynamiclink server connection'. 

I have cleaned with Adove CC Cleaner Tool and reinstalled and it still gives the same message.
This is a Mac Studio M1 Ultra 128GB RAM and 48C GPU with After Effects 23.1

RAM reserved for other applications is 32GB (I've tried 16, 64, etc...)

Maximum disk cache size 280GB

All multiplies of 4 as I have read in previous queries

This is really desperate...

Captura de Pantalla 2022-12-26 a las 19.39.47.png

 

Captura de Pantalla 2022-12-26 a las 19.54.25.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I have tried again by deleting all existing Adobe folders on the Mac and reinstalling again. No result.

this is a disgrace. i have just wasted two days trying to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vicente5E48,

Some work was done on this issue in the current release. Sorry to hear that you're still seeing this.

Could you share the details of the footage (frame rate, frame size, format/codec) you're trying to track? Do you see the error with all the media files or a particular one?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. It happens with all the media files. All of them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for testing it.

Do you mind clearing all the Adobe apps and associated folders using the Adobe Cleaner tool and reinstalling After Effects?

Let us know if it brings any change.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Nishu for you support.

I already did. I cleaned all apps and folders but the problem is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange! I was working on the same issue with a user, and they were able to fix it by doing a clean installation. Could you create a new user account on your computer and test After Effects in it? 

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem still there with a new user account.

MacOS Monterey

Mac Studio Ultra 128GB 48C GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying. Allow me some time to do some research.

I appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempted a routine 3D camera track on some 4K footage

Error message pops up while attempting to initialize: "unable to obtain dynamic link server connection"

After Effects 22.6

Mac Studio 2022

Apple M1 Ultra (CPU/GPU)

128 GB RAM

Mac OS 12.6 Monterey

This was all working fine 3-4 weeks ago on this exact setup. Many hours of Warp Stabilization and 3D Camera tracking, no hiccups. 

No notable changes to my hardware or software.

Firewall: Off (as before)

After Effects has Full Disk Access (as before)

After Effects has access to Files and Folders (as before)

After Effects user since 1997

These are the steps I've taken to correct the issue. None have succeeded:

0. Restarted/power cycled computer multiple times

1. Created new project from scratch

2. Attempted 3D track in AE 23.1

3. Attempted 3D track on two other clips

4. Signed in and out of Adobe Creative Cloud

5. Stopped various processes in the Activity monitor and renamed various folders related to Dynamic Linking

6. Moved all preference files for AE 22.6 and 23.1 (generating new ones upon relaunch)

7. In AE reduced RAM for other applications to 12 GB (the lowest it will go)

8. Turned off multi-frame rendering in AE

9. Switched from GPU to CPU Video Rendering

10. Removed Dropbox and Lucid cloud drive from startup items

11. Un-installed JDownloader (I'd installed it a few weeks ago).

12. Followed the instructions (backing up log files) and ran Adobe CC Cleaner tool (removing ALL of my Adobe apps and associated files)

13. Reinstalled Creative Cloud App, AE 23.1 and Media Encoder 23.1 ONLY (No third-party plugins installed)

14. Attempted to use Dynamic Link between AE and Media Encoder. Media Encoder hangs up when attempting to render a simple AE comp "Connecting to Dynamic Link Server."

15. Created a new user account and attempted track. Same error

16. Updated Mac OS to Monterey 12.6.2

As a last resort I:

Wiped a spare external SSD

Performed a clean install of MacOS Monterey

Installed After Effects 23.1 (which also installs the Abobe CC app and Media Encoder)

Finally, on this totally clean install, I was able to do this 3D camera track. Given that I've lost at least $600 of billable client hours dealing with this, the prospect of backing up and erasing my system drive to start from scratch does not appeal to me.

Thoughts? Is there any process I should be looking for in the Activity Monitor that would indicate some conflict that prevents the Dynamic Link Sever from initializing? When invoking a process that uses Dynamic Linking I do see a process called "dynamiclinkmanager" using 0.3% of my CPU in the Activity Monitor.

Thanks for reading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem, on both Windows and OSX, were you ever able to get this properly fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I "fixed" it by backing up the system drive on my Mac, wiping it, and reinstalling the OS clean. I can't believe I had to resort to that. I opted to install Ventura, with which AE has other issues, like not being able to hide the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! 

So after weeks of struggle and trying different solutions to this case I ended up chatting with adobe and they asked me to try clean Adobe install which required to run CC cleaner tool and wiping all the left over ites in several adobe folders on my drive, deleting adobe desktop app and then install adobe desktop again and ae and other apps and the 3d camera tracker and warp stabilizer are WORKING AGAIN just like before the dynamic link whatever error that was! 

Good luck everyone 🙂

Cheers! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines