• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D layers are all messed up when rendered or played.

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PFA the video.

The 3D layers are all messed up when it is getting rendered or played outside of the composition, but working the way it should animate when it's inside of the composition.

I've tried all different versions of After Effects (22, 23, 24). All giving me the same issue.

Any suggestion would be helpful. 

Thanks in advance for checking by. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your nested comp (Pre-comp) has problems because you did not collapse transformations. There is no interaction with the default comp camera unless you collapse transformations on a nested comp with 3D layers. 

The workflow is slightly flawed because you do not have a Camera in the main comp or the 3D comp with all the layers. When you turn on Collapse transformations on a 3D layer, the camera and lights in the main comp are used instead of the camera in the nested comp (pre-comp).  If you have a camera and lights in the 3D comp, you must move them (Cut and Paste) or copy them to the Main comp.

Spend some time studying 3D workflows in the User Guide to better understand the workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rick, I tried but I couldn't get the results. Could you please guide me step by step if possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just noticed, turning off the draft 3d preview is breaking the layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines